rF2 Dallara DW12 Indycar @ Suzuka - Sat 26th July

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I don't know if I can join this yet or if it's even worth it for me (such a long race as an inexperienced driver can be frustrating), so just so I can do some practice laps for myself tonight: What are the times you guys are running?

If you don't want to sign up for the race, you are more then welcome to do the practice session. If you are feeling comfortable you could stay for the race if you want. All drivers with a gentleman's spirit are welcome! :thumbsup:

BTW: The server is available 24h a day to do some practice laps, share setups, etc... for all licensed RD members. ;)

If you don't want to sign up for the race, you are more then welcome to do the practice session. If you are feeling comfortable you could stay for the race if you want. All drivers with a gentleman's spirit are welcome! :thumbsup:

BTW: The server is available 24h a day to do some practice laps, share setups, etc... for all licensed RD members. ;)

Well, I just got home so I couldn't have made it anyway. Hope you had a good race and I can join one of these club races sometime.

well, that didnt go so well...had a bad start and went to last by turn 1 and had little bit of dmg, i think i lost top speed.moving on i spun again before the bridge when someone went wide.same spot i spun in the formula renault=stop and go penalty.while serving my stop and go i receive a drive through.at that point im pretty much on tilt and left

Well that was an adventure.
I used manual clutch and got a nice drag off the line and passed 1 or 2 cars.
A good battle ensued with Martin Bulgin which ws very close for the first stint. We pitted together and I made a mistake in stint 2 and Martin was through. While driving very close to his gearbox in the S-Curves I got a bit baulked and spun causing some damage on rear left. It seemed ok so I pushed on but as tyre wear kicked in it was very hairy. I had a big lose in Dunlop and rejoined possibly a tad close to the pursuing Gijs possibly causing him an issue so I later slowed and allowed him past.

I stopped for repairs as soon as the window opened to 1 stop to home. The best my mental arithmetic could do was lap 29 leaving 20 laps.
Martin was 1m06 sec ahead but needed to stop.
I got it down to appr 25 sec (to Gijs in the end after his late stop) by lap 44 and my front left disc disintegrated# sending me on a very strange line into spoon curve as Martin G was sizing me up for a blue flag pass.

I watched Gijs attack Martins lead for P5 after his splash and dash. He got it to about .3 sec. I wish I had survived to be part of that battle.

The cars produce close racing. I think they bunch the field up a bit as they are not so hard to drive. With a clean race I think I would have been unlapped by P1 and thats the evidence. That said there were spins, mechanical failures and other adventures.

I reckon its got potential as a good multiplayer car. In a good way it took me back to F1 2011 on Xbox in respect of the fact that most of the time you could lap without problems and have some nice battles.
I am still emotionally scarred:confused: by the FR3.5 2010 season where getting a clean lap in was harder.

Dont forget the 1992 F1 mod which drives very similar but we can play at being Senna, Berger, Schumacher et al.

Anyway I had fun so thanks Gijs for all your work and to those who raced.
Congrats to Dino on a great drive.
Lets have 20 on the grid next time.
#I tempted fate with the narrowest disc and lowest cooling.

Last edited:
I didn't had a strategy. I just didn't trust the soft tires with my driving style. :redface:
Although the soft tires were still faster completely worn in red.

So i took a full tank and the prime tires and go with the flow. I did my first stop at lap 21-22. and only 4 sec behind nr 4 :cool:. So a faster driver could stay ahead of the pack, and hold them up, defending his postion. Would be nice to see that.

I came 4 laps short to do a 1 stop race. :sick: But i had great fun trying. ;)

That was a really nice race. I think out of the top 4 every driver was fast enough to win it.
I had a very good launch and was already alongside @Dino Paolini but I shifted to early into second and we both held off @Marcel Gerber who had a blinding start.
Through the first stint I put as much pressure on Dino as possible and was really close a few times, but there was no way to overtake.
With all the dirty air and a few mistakes due to the high risks I needed to take I dropped back a little, but as I was close I tried the undercut and went in a bit early for my first stop.
Everything was fine, but I hit the speed limiter twice for a second and that gave me a drive through.
Dino reacted on the next lap and it was really close on his outlap. I tried very hard until I had to serve my drive trough :(
Then I was back in P4, but could close on Marcel as the stint went on. Due to my earlier stop my tyres werent in good shape and the moment the gap to Marcel started to extend I tried the undercut AGAIN :D
This time it was even closer and could have tried a move into 130R, that would have ended in tears. I was close in the last chicane, but unfortunately Marcel had a driver through now :(

After that I pushed hard to get closer to Rene and Dino, but no chance the gap to Dino was pretty much the same for the whole race after my drive through. Anyway had a big load of fun and P3 behind Dino and Rene is not a shame ;)

Thanks for racing today.
Had some good fun here on my favourite track.

Q: Qualy was crazy as my gfx drivers crashed (happens a lot in rf2) right after exiting the pits for my run. With a ton of luck I was standing in front of the barrier when coming back and not in the barrier :D
Could do my hotlap and it was actually quite ok, even got the pole with that one.

R: Start was difficult, I'm still not quite sure how to start that thing with the super low power that the car has in lower revs. With a bit of luck I held the lead there.

First stint wasn't so great, Fred did come very close at times and I did brake a bit early at some points; I need more confidence in the endless grip of that car :D
Second stint was a bit lonely after Fred's drivethrough-penalty.
In the third stint I tried to push a bit more since Rene came a bit closer on most laps. At some point I did miss turn1 and had to take the runoff there. Thank god there is no graveltrap there anymore :p

Over the distance that race became tricky as the front-tires were overheating quite a lot.
But this car is still quite over the top, especially on one lap you can do some crazy stuff in cornering imo.

Thanks for organizing this. The long race and all is a great format, I'm glad I could do this one, see you guys

also, here's a hotlap I recorded yesterday :D

Thanks for racing today.
Had some good fun here on my favourite track.

Q: Qualy was crazy as my gfx drivers crashed (happens a lot in rf2) right after exiting the pits for my run. With a ton of luck I was standing in front of the barrier when coming back and not in the barrier :D
Could do my hotlap and it was actually quite ok, even got the pole with that one.

R: Start was difficult, I'm still not quite sure how to start that thing with the super low power that the car has in lower revs. With a bit of luck I held the lead there.

First stint wasn't so great, Fred did come very close at times and I did brake a bit early at some points; I need more confidence in the endless grip of that car :D
Second stint was a bit lonely after Fred's drivethrough-penalty.
In the third stint I tried to push a bit more since Rene came a bit closer on most laps. At some point I did miss turn1 and had to take the runoff there. Thank god there is no graveltrap there anymore :p

Over the distance that race became tricky as the front-tires were overheating quite a lot.
But this car is still quite over the top, especially on one lap you can do some crazy stuff in cornering imo.

Thanks for organizing this. The long race and all is a great format, I'm glad I could do this one, see you guys

also, here's a hotlap I recorded yesterday :D

Very nice lap. I think your gearing was a bit better than mine. Degna 2 was pretty much between 1st and 2nd, which meant 2nd gear with low revs in the race and my sixth gear was out of synch, which cost me a bit of power at the top end. It is hard to setup the gears as you are a bit limited at some points and I didnt care that much as it was fine for most of the lap.
But in the race it seemed to make a big diffrence. You gained at least 2 tenth on the exit of degna 2.
On a real push lap my gear was ok there, but it sucked in the race :D

Btw your T1 braking in the video is crazy ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%