1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Dallara and Indy available now

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Sk3ptik0n, May 24, 2014.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I am downloading the dallara and Indy from ISI's website. The Dallara is almost all down, Indy is taking a lot longer.

Someone please come up with a good Indy setup as I have no clue how to make oval setups (in reality, I am also the worst oval racer since the dawn of time, but I try)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

Apparently, the Dallara comes with a basic Indy setup, so that's helpful. But why is Indy wet? At least it looks wet. Maybe they have taken to polishing asphalt like marble?

I even exited and made sure that the weather was dry, sunny and in the high 20's. Still, set at 10:00 am much of the infield asphalt and some of the oval was very reflective and seemingly wet.

3. TTupsi

TTupsi
    Premium Member

4. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I see, thanks.

5. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium Member

The default setup of the road car seems to be super strange. I'm too tired and baked to look into it but there is no feeling of driving an effin powerful indy car....really weird and sticky setup.

6. Yea, I'm getting strange graphic anomalies on lots of tracks since installing the Indy track and Dallara. Why would a new car and track affect other cars and tracks though? The Dallara looks beautiful though.

7. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Great fun to race these things. Had a blast today with real close racing.
    Never thought I would enjoy oval racing, but its a big challange to go side by side at 380kph. Cautions and rolling start etc. all working perfect.

Here the closest finish just 0.095 ahead of P2.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

Like the car!
    First laps cruising. Just get a feel of the car. Then pushing the car harder.
    The rear is very stable. It doesn't need TC. Default setup is a bit understeery to my liking.

Bit shame they didn't make launch controle work. Because the real car has it.

9. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Didn't need that on the oval :D
    The Oval setup had way too much understeer for me. I had to dial in more front wing and lowered ride height and put in a bit of front ARB.
    With that the car is flat out in every corner, but still you have to be very precise to don't scrup speed and when you are battleing it is really challenging with the dirty air, but you have a big toe. It just felt 100% right.

10. Loved every minute I spent with the car on both road course (2013) and Indy oval :). I agree that the stock setups have a little bit of understeer and I didn't try to fiddle with them tonight. The feeling of speed for me is superb, really exhilarating and the oval!! OMG, seriously scary stuff:devilish:.

Thank you ISI for restoring my faith with the Renault 3.5 and now this. In all honesty I was starting to give up hope with rF2. This week I've finally had the interest to spend time with the Sim and truly appreciate some of it's features, especially the rubbering in and the marbles etc!!

Just need to optimize the software as it really does run poorly on my system even compared to AC, but I really need to upgrade my GFX card too!! :O_o:

11. Randy Chamberlin

Randy Chamberlin
    Premium Member

Thought I did

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  12. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

@Randy Chamberlin
    I merged your post in this topic. Please check if there is a thread before you make a new one ;)

The car is nice. Fast mosty :)
    And the track looks briliant also. Well done ISI.
    GRAB_001.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Pete Bone

Pete Bone
    Premium Member

I had a go in these with the stock setup round Silverstone and they were fun, we should have these in a club race for sure.

14. OK, I downloaded and placed it in the Packages folder. Went in a installed both, but I don't see the Indy track or the Car??? Where is it? I looked in the ISI all cars and tracks and clicked all virtual.. still no joy..

Any help appreciated....

Thanks
    RJ

15. Do you have latest build (660) installed? They should show like any other content when you select all cars & tracks from the mod picker.

16. Guess what... They showed up once I rebooted...

Thanks for the reply....

Cheers
    RJ

17. This is probably the best car ISI has modeled yet... Also, they have lately become much better at including a "new driver" friendly base setup with their packages. It can be seen in the new FR as well...

The new Indy is manageble even the first time you race it without strange behaviour, unlike many of their previous attempts. For example the notorious Skip Barber and the insane lift off oversteer on default setups or the original FR3.5 (2010 version) that constantly does strange things, effectively throowing you off the track without notice. These needed lots of setup work to be driveable.

The new offerings and the Indy in particular however is right on the mark from the gate.

18. I find the FR3.5 too twitchy and the DW12 too planted., Waiting for a RF2 somewhere between the two. :)

19. I adore the nee FR3.5 and find the DW12 the most boring car in rF2 - it's almost like it's from another sim.

20. reboot fixed the issue.