Dallara and Indy available now

Apparently, the Dallara comes with a basic Indy setup, so that's helpful. But why is Indy wet? At least it looks wet. Maybe they have taken to polishing asphalt like marble?

I even exited and made sure that the weather was dry, sunny and in the high 20's. Still, set at 10:00 am much of the infield asphalt and some of the oval was very reflective and seemingly wet.

Yea, I'm getting strange graphic anomalies on lots of tracks since installing the Indy track and Dallara. Why would a new car and track affect other cars and tracks though? The Dallara looks beautiful though.

Great fun to race these things. Had a blast today with real close racing.
Never thought I would enjoy oval racing, but its a big challange to go side by side at 380kph. Cautions and rolling start etc. all working perfect.

Here the closest finish just 0.095 ahead of P2.

HR5vCX9.jpg

Like the car!
First laps cruising. Just get a feel of the car. Then pushing the car harder.
The rear is very stable. It doesn't need TC. Default setup is a bit understeery to my liking.

Bit shame they didn't make launch controle work. Because the real car has it.

Like the car!
First laps cruising. Just get a feel of the car. Then pushing the car harder.
The rear is very stable. It doesn't need TC. Default setup is a bit understeery to my liking.

Bit shame they didn't make launch controle work. Because the real car has it.
Didn't need that on the oval :D
The Oval setup had way too much understeer for me. I had to dial in more front wing and lowered ride height and put in a bit of front ARB.
With that the car is flat out in every corner, but still you have to be very precise to don't scrup speed and when you are battleing it is really challenging with the dirty air, but you have a big toe. It just felt 100% right.

Loved every minute I spent with the car on both road course (2013) and Indy oval :). I agree that the stock setups have a little bit of understeer and I didn't try to fiddle with them tonight. The feeling of speed for me is superb, really exhilarating and the oval!! OMG, seriously scary stuff:devilish:.

Thank you ISI for restoring my faith with the Renault 3.5 and now this. In all honesty I was starting to give up hope with rF2. This week I've finally had the interest to spend time with the Sim and truly appreciate some of it's features, especially the rubbering in and the marbles etc!!

Just need to optimize the software as it really does run poorly on my system even compared to AC, but I really need to upgrade my GFX card too!! :O_o:

OK, I downloaded and placed it in the Packages folder. Went in a installed both, but I don't see the Indy track or the Car??? Where is it? I looked in the ISI all cars and tracks and clicked all virtual.. still no joy..

Any help appreciated....

Thanks
RJ

This is probably the best car ISI has modeled yet... Also, they have lately become much better at including a "new driver" friendly base setup with their packages. It can be seen in the new FR as well...

The new Indy is manageble even the first time you race it without strange behaviour, unlike many of their previous attempts. For example the notorious Skip Barber and the insane lift off oversteer on default setups or the original FR3.5 (2010 version) that constantly does strange things, effectively throowing you off the track without notice. These needed lots of setup work to be driveable.

The new offerings and the Indy in particular however is right on the mark from the gate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 163 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%