1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dakar game (does it exist?)

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Johan Top, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Does anyone know whether a true to life Dakar game exists? With some real courses and some really nice trucks and cars from the past and present to drive.
    I'd love to drive a DAF Turbo Twin or something in a game.

So anyone who knows?
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yes, I played one like 20 years ago on my 386 PC in CGA colors :)

If there will ever be a simracing developer making this rally into a game I will love it forever!
  3. There is one I had on PS2 years ago. I can't remember the name though. I think it was called Dakar Rally. I know a few we're released on PS2 and I think some even on PS1.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Indeed, played one... Not GOTY material, but fun for a run or two... You could race the bikes, 4x4's and trucks if I remember correctly....
  5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

I don't remember which one I played, but there are two for PS2/Xbox. The first was also released on PC, the second on GameCube.
    The one I played the demo of, had a somewhat open world. You had checkpoints to go through, but could choose where to drive to get to it!
  6. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

there are 2 dakar games from 2000, paris-dakar game 1 and 2, the first one has a pc version, the second i don't know if there is a pc version avaible, the game is old but it isn't that bad, the stages are small (compared with real dakar stages), the graphics are old, but so does the game, it has quads, buggys, bikes and cars (pick up trucks), there are special timed stages between the regular stages, that are o the desert, in which you have a certain amount of time to clear some checkpoint and you have a arrow pointing the way. In these stages you can choose to go straight ahead, or slightly alter your course and pick up wrenches that are used to repair your vehicle if you damage it in a stage and want to repair it, that is the only way you can repair your vehicle.

As Bramm said if someone made a dakar game with the opportunity to complete stages as long as the real ones with the vehicles like in the real life, etc. I would never stop playing that game, it would be great! :thumbsup: