• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

d3d8.dll & d3d9.dll HELP

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Gary Jibb, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Gary Jibb

Gary Jibb

Ratings:
    +52
    Hey Everyone.

I was playing around with a triple screen set-up today, but it is not my permanent set-up. When installing the SoftTH files into the rFactor folder, instead of renaming the original d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll files, I replaced them with the ones from SoftTH. I was also only using 2 monitors and my laptop screen so the resolutions were different. I couldn't even open the game because the resolution was too high when it was added up or something like that (after 2 hours of internet searching that's what I convinced myself what was going on). Now that I gave up on using my laptop as a 3rd screen, I went back to my single monitor except i still have the window pop up saying the resolution is too high.

I guess I could have cut it short from the get go:
    Can someone give me their (or a link to get) original d3d8.dll and d3d9.dll files without being from the SoftTH software??? Please.

Gary

2. George Talbot

George Talbot

Ratings:
    +627
    I think that you can get the original files if you download rFactor Lite from RFC.

3. Gary Jibb

Gary Jibb

Ratings:
    +52
    Why would I want to download a 30-day trial if I've owned the game for years? Or am I missing something???

4. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
    Because the original files you ask for will be in the download.

Install It in a different location, Ctrl+C the files you want and Ctrl+V them into ur normal rf instead

5. Gary Jibb

Gary Jibb

Ratings:
    +52
    I'm not sure if something is wrong, but the files I need are not in the installation of rFactor Lite. Now I know my way around computers and have modified plenty of files within rFactor, but to install a lite version simply for 2 .dll files (which are not even there) is baffling me more than why I screwed this up in the first place. To calm my nerves I think this may be the sign I needed to uninstall all my rFactor and do a clean re-install to clean up all the mods and tracks I don't use.
    Thanks for trying to help but something is not working out.

6. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
    I could look for mine, but don't know if they will be any use to you?

7. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar

Ratings:
    +69
    Have you tried re installing Direct X 9 runtime?
    I had a simialr problem when I copied my rafctor installation to a win7 pc, and it didnt have the required runtime files on.

8. Jean Marie Zmiro

Jean Marie Zmiro

Ratings:
    +87
    You mean your D3D9.dll in the rFactor root ?
    Because there is no need of it, to launch rfactor. If you have these files, it's because you've some plugins in your rFactor Folder.
    There is plenty of D3D9.dll :)
    Indeed, I've 2 of them, one D3D9.dll, that give me the possibility of using FXAA on nVidia cards, and giving me 400FPS+ on full and high details, and an other one, for the GIDPlugin ;)

If you want my files, I can upload them if you want to try it ;)

9. Gary Jibb

Gary Jibb

Ratings:
    +52
    Thanks guys, but the problem was my computer as a whole. Ended up having to re-format it and re-installing everything. Now I start with a clean slate and everything runs extra smooth. =)