Cutting the track

wow real f1 cuts ascari very hard. allways i see schumacher and senna.
If you are talking about the exit of Ascari they have been told on the drivers meeting that they can run wide there, they said so on BBC :)

And these drivers intentionally, as opposed to accidentally, run wide to gain some “advantage”.

IMO, it is not really fair to allow this in our league unless we all have been practicising this already; otherwise it prefences only some.

Not much of an issue for us. On the current track there is tarmac at the outside of the exit to Ascari. For us it is gravel. If we run wide there it will slow us down I think. The bigger cut from the F1 guys that I noticed was on the entrance to Ascari. I would not like to bump over a kerb that hard myself, but I don't get paid what they do either!:cool:

Hello everyone I know that I'm accused of having cut it into practice race to start and decided that I would have cut cleanly through the scicane without restraint! I do not have the replay and I can not replicate with the images but I'm sure that if I look good I know I did not ask, however, cut with intezione apologize to everyone! I was not prepared with the race set-up so I started with the same set often reaching the qualifying scicane almost all arrived long matters of brakes and the car balance was also changed a lot because of too much gas! and knowing that Practice race and that would be the first official test I tried to adjust them on the best time possible! so as you can see that in the raply scicane I always tried to put the car into the curve, and cut it clean off! Saturday night I had the race in the Pacific if it could load a small video ramlow maybe the first 10 or as much as possible for him to notice that there was no cutting no scicane or rather I am certain that if there were would be minimal, then under the rule! this to mean that I left with a more accurate set-up in the guide where I worked very hard to avoid any problems!

cu all

It's a dilemma this cutting debate. On one hand we like everybody to go inside the lines, but we like to drive as Vettel and attack maximum in the Variante Ascari, and we sometimes get wide. I drive just because it's fun. If I cant go full because I'm afraid to slip out a bit, then driving become a little less fun. Variante Ascari and Lesmo 1-2 are the only driver sections at (sim)Monza in my eyes, the rest are brakingpoints and dragstrips. Parabolica is a challenge for courage IRL, but not so much in a sim I think. To avoid boredom during 55 laps of Monza we must be allowed to miss an exit here and there:)

I always aim to be inside the lines but I like to use "all" of the track. In a sim there are few challenges compared to the real thing, but driving on the limit of our capability is something we can do. I usually get away with quite a lot of small wides without complains from anyone. The reason is probably that you guys are generous and due to my modest results. After this debate it feels like we have moved our minds a bit towards the less generous side. I don’t now if the league will give us more pleasure after this discussion. Maybe some of us will drive with less attack, what do I know?

It's a dilemma this cutting debate. On one hand we like everybody to go inside the lines, but we like to drive as Vettel and attack maximum in the Variante Ascari, and we sometimes get wide. I drive just because it's fun. If I cant go full because I'm afraid to slip out a bit, then driving become a little less fun. Variante Ascari and Lesmo 1-2 are the only driver sections at (sim)Monza in my eyes, the rest are brakingpoints and dragstrips. Parabolica is a challenge for courage IRL, but not so much in a sim I think. To avoid boredom during 55 laps of Monza we must be allowed to miss an exit here and there:)

I always aim to be inside the lines but I like to use "all" of the track. In a sim there are few challenges compared to the real thing, but driving on the limit of our capability is something we can do. I usually get away with quite a lot of small wides without complains from anyone. The reason is probably that you guys are generous and due to my modest results. After this debate it feels like we have moved our minds a bit towards the less generous side. I don’t now if the league will give us more pleasure after this discussion. Maybe some of us will drive with less attack, what do I know?

I am very much the same as you Valter, I have the same approach, and i do not mean that we need to change this.

All I have been saying is that in the practice race there were 3 drivers that needs to drive differently in the race (the rest can carry on the way they always do). I feel it is my duty to say so when I see stuff like this, if it is just over the limit I will not bother, but when it is at the level I saw at the practice race I would think it would go without saying that it needs to be adjusted.

Hey Valter, don't worry. :) Please go on attacking like in the past. We all will do it like in the past, we all will have few small accidential cuts and wides and we all will forgive each other. :)

Nico describes his reasons very well why he mentioned these things. I think it's guys like me jumping on the wrong train and making it a real debate or at least making the allready existing debate bigger as necessary. Sorry for that guys. :) Sometimes I'm just writing too much. :rolleyes:

I know we can easily go on the way we did in the past and enjoy ourselves. Nico just brought as back "in one line" so our newcomers can share our enjoyment. :) Thank you Nico for all your efforts!

I can't wait Wednesday's race. C U there...

Valter, I think you're on to something there. For me now, the lack of judgement on my part which has been the spark for this whole debate has gone a bit too far for my liking although I understand the intentions of this thread, i'm pretty sure and confident that few would agree that if it wasn't for me this debate wouldn't be happening, even after I explained the reason for my actions. I'm starting to feel that during the next and forthcoming races I'm going to be watched by some for the slightest cut and for me, this isn't my idea of fun, especially when there are others here who like to pre-judge and are quick to make assumptions about someone they don't really know very well.

Hopefully i'll see some of you guys around, thanks to Nico and everyone else who welcomed me to the league. Hope there's no harsh feelings and thanks for the experience fellas. :)

Valter, I think you're on to something there. For me now, the lack of judgement on my part which has been the spark for this whole debate has gone a bit too far for my liking although I understand the intentions of this thread, i'm pretty sure and confident that few would agree that if it wasn't for me this debate wouldn't be happening, even after I explained the reason for my actions. I'm starting to feel that during the next and forthcoming races I'm going to be watched by some for the slightest cut and for me, this isn't my idea of fun, especially when there are others here who like to pre-judge and are quick to make assumptions about someone they don't really know very well.

Hopefully i'll see some of you guys around, thanks to Nico and everyone else who welcomed me to the league. Hope there's no harsh feelings and thanks for the experience fellas. :)

This is a case of a few voices misrepresenting the masses :)

I know a great fit when I see it and I think you are perfect for our league.

to be continued...

mate, this discussion comes up everytime we get to a place thats easy to cut or run wide, you explained your reasons and your apology was accepted, alot gets lost in translation with the foreign guys but i can mostly see them forgiving you too, theres no need to leave or feel your going to be harshly treated from now on, thats not going to happen, if you stick to the rules then your more than welcomes with us and im sure all will agree with that.

heres an example of there being past debates so dont feel its your fault.........

http://www.racedepartment.com/prest...ason-6-race-3-imola-cutting-running-wide.html

It's the limitations of forum only communication Dave. :)

Jim, Tim and others have often recommended a post race Team Speak conversation so we all get to know one another better. I laugh and chuckle far more than I grimace as I race but many may not know this.

None of my remarks were aimed at anyone in particular. I have a general “stick in the mud” approach to the white line rule. But also we are all competitive in spirit, even the slowest of us, and it is how well we lose that matters most. :) Someone has to finish last. Personally, I always feel I have won everytime I finish a race without having compromised [crashed] another driver.

After talking to Nico, his words of wisdom have pursuaded me to stay! :D Thanks to everyone else who tried to talk me out of leaving too, it worked and I'm glad I chose to talk about it rather than just disappearing lol

See you all at Monza tomorrow! :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back