Cut Track

Having some difficulty with the "Cut Track" in AIW.

If anyone here is familiar with my circuit they'll know that heading North into Coffs along the Pacific Highway, its divided by islands most of the way. These are acurately placed and there are openings to let vehicles turn off etc. Yesterday I noticed someone splitting these gaps to take the inside line on the wrong side of the highway. This is not realistic and very dangerous. Ok if you want to get a second faster in a hot lap but suicidal for a race. So I need to make it impossible to do. I dont really want to put obstacles on the course because its fun to go the other way when flag rules are off and also I intend to make a reverse version at some time. I spent most of yesterday editing the Cut Track corridors and normal corridors but it doesnt seem to make any difference. It is still possible to take the inside lanes without penalty. In theory with flags enabled, which they are and playing as a client on a server, which I was, then it should discard the lap, but it doesnt. I just hope someone else has had similar problems and found a solution.

This might not help either, but when you make the aiw, you could set the wrong side of the highway to a grass material?
or wait to see if piddy has any nifty cut tools in his upcoming btb aiw gui [acronym power!] or maybe he'll pop in and let us know... ... ... ... ...

i got a 'cut track' for riding a fence around the -outside- of a flatout kink my track. is about a 2-3m gap between the track and the fence. give it a shot (but don't overwrite your existing current version ofcourse, like can happen sometimes).

This might not help either, but when you make the aiw, you could set the wrong side of the highway to a grass material?
or wait to see if piddy has any nifty cut tools in his upcoming btb aiw gui [acronym power!] or maybe he'll pop in and let us know... ... ... ... ...

just to expand on this idea, i remember a "legal=false" option which i'm pretty sure goes in the TDF file so u can use any material/texture u want and still have it act like grass regarding cut warnings, might be worth a try, gl ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 172 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 169 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.6%