Custom skin not working

So I'm trying my hand at making myself some custom skins for my SRS adventures, but I'm having trouble getting the skins to be recognised, so I'm hoping someone here can give me some pointers.

While I can't upload the .dds file I'm using, I've attached a jpg (this file is called Help.jpg - the skin is a work in progress) of the PSD I am saving as a DDS with the Nvidia plugin for Photoshop.

If I open the saved DDS in PS, it does indeed show my skin as expected. But, when I open up the skin with either acShowroom.exe or Content Manager's showroom, my skin isn't being applied (see broken-skin.jpg to see what I mean).

One thing to note is that, in PS, when I click "Save as..." and select "DDS" from the "Save as type" drop-down, and then click "Save", I get a little window with the following error:

"There are more than 1 alpha channel. Channel alpha (Alpha 1) will be used."

Is this where my issue lies? Either way, I don't know how to fix that error, or if I even need to worry about it.

Just to make sure I've covered everything, I've also attached:
- a screenshot of the layers in my photoshop file (layers.jpg)
- a screenshot of my settings when saving the DDS (settings.jpg)
- a screenshot of the skin folder along with its parent directory structure (folder.jpg)

Please let me know if there is any more info you might need from me in order to help me better.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Help.jpg
    Help.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 441
  • broken-skin.jpg
    broken-skin.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 455
  • layers.png
    layers.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 465
  • settings.png