1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom PC build question

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by jrdn7, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Could someone out there in the RD sphere draw me up a list of components I'd need to build a gaming PC that'll play Project Cars on a high(ish) setting? Like an exact list, what make/model of parts you'd recommend. I'm not after something too flashy (a mate of mine downstairs has a £2,000 gaming PC for example, that's too much for me :D), any and all help will be very much appreciated!

I'm not much of a computer genius so please bear with me :)
  2. Paul Blythe

Paul Blythe
    Premium Member

First off ... you planing on 1080p, 1440p, 4K or triple screen? Required resolution and number of screens will impact the system build. Just upgraded my rig a bit, but originally spent £700 and it'd play Pcars on Ultra at 40-50fps. Tweak the settings and it'd hit 60 fps all day long...
  3. Ideally I'd like a triple screen setup, but if that proves costly I'd settle for 1080p. But I'd imagine a triple screen setup would be pricey. The computer boffin that lives downstairs in the house I rent reckons I'm looking at a dual graphics card at circa £1,500 to run a triple screen setup?
  4. Paul Blythe

Paul Blythe
    Premium Member

If triple screen is your aim then a dual cards would be needed if your looking to keep the settings on the higher side ... Twin GTX970 would do well, but with a system cost of roughly £1200 [i5 4690K, 8GB ram, 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD, Mobo, PSU & case] . Then your monitors on top of that...

Worth looking at are the Ultrawide [21:9 ratio] monitors ... 27", 29" @ 2560x1080 or 34" @ 3440x1440 [expensive] ... I really like my 34" AOC, works really well with head tracking, plus only needs one good card... A GTX970 or AMD R9 290/390 with a 29" Ultrawide [2560x1080] would make a nice starter rig. Cost wise, about £1000 for a full build.

Hopefully a few more people will come up with some good alternatives for you.
    • Agree Agree x 1