Custom GDB for stock tracks

Has anyone figured out how to make a custom GDB for a track that comes with the game? Since the scn files are encrypted/hidden, nothing I've tried seems to work.

Cheers

Hello. Do you mean you want to change/add tracks and track orders for custom championships? Just edit the relevant files in Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\Series. Use notepad ++. Add tracks by finding the track name in the GDB in the locations folders.

Actually I meant adding gdb files in the Locations track folders so that you can have settings more appropriate for an individual series. With the non-encrypted/hidden third party tracks there is no problem. However, because the stock tracks have no scn file to reference I don't know how to do this.

I'm not sure what you are describing. You can create your own gdb and insert things in there without a need for the scn file. What exactly are you trying to do? Sorry if I am misunderstanding.

Suppose you want to have two versions of Interlagos - the normal one, and one that is set up for a specific series with pit strategies, different FormationAndStart, no pit lane limit,etc.

As I understand it, the game associates the gdb with a particular scn file based on sharing the same name in the same directory. Maybe I am mistaken on this. With third party tracks you can make your second gdb file and simply copy the original scn, aiw, cam, and loading images and rename them so they all share the same name as your gdb file.

But with the stock tracks there is no scn file, so how does the game associate this new gdb file with the track scn? The new gdb cannot have the same name as the original, and if you change it, how does the game find the scn information?

Simply put, if I want to make a new gdb for a particular series for Interlagos, how is it done?

Also, where is the game reading the racelaps=xx information from. This seems to be absent from the gdb now.

Yes I understand what you mean now. You have to create your own gdb but use the same name, and put it in place of the original (or edit the original itself).
I don't know if it is possible to make the track appear in an alternative variation without losing the original sorry.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back