Custom Database files

hi koeloe ,

i use u database.bin (25 % ) the ai performace is perfect for me, but my tires have not so much wear. I can drive 10 rounds more with 1 tires set as the AI. I use 1 pit stop the ai 4. In stratergy menue is all best - i must look for 4 pit stop (also the AI) but in the race i have not wear of the tires.

Have u a Idea for more wear of tires from me?

Thank u

(Sorry for my bad english)

hi,
thanks for your answer. ok that's a bit weird, because i also made changes in the field max_distance on my own some weeks ago and there was no difference. i should mention, that i only checked the qualifying mode (and there were no changes). could it be, that the tyre wear only works in the career races, not in the qualifying mode?

another question is, could it be, that these changes for max_distance only affects the ai, not me?

thanks in advance

I'm not sure. I changed the tyre max distance firstly to give more pit stops on shorter races just to keep it interesting for myself. However I found that I mostly had to stick to the amount of pit stops the engineer suggests as my tyres do wear a lot.

Maybe I drive too hard on my tyres but I can't compare it as I've never done a 100% race.

I've tried to add more wear in a previous mod but it didn't work in career so I settled for this.:unsure:

I've done a little test between 100% an 25% and there is a difference although not much. The problem is if you add more wear you add more pit stops. So, for career this is the best we can do for now.:O_o:
ScreenHunter_08 Oct. 29 17.12.jpg

@ kapitano at first I thought this didn't work on career either because I was playing on intermediate and i would always finish 3 seconds above the cpu even after I installed this mod but this does work in career.

I restarted my season on Intermediate and now the top teams will finish the first track on 1:30 instead of 1:31 and above like they were doing before this mod.

what you need to do is set your diff level then copy the data file to your game folder. You might even have to restart you season not sure. I just know it didn't work the first time installed it either but i reinstalled the game set my options then copied this to the game folder now its working.

Awesome will it work with a CO-OP season, or can it be made to work by editing the .bin?

We're kicking ass in intermediate but really struggling for conistency racing against PRO ai with default database.bin, any suggestions?

• Deleted member 137812

Koeloe are you aware that you forgot to change fuel distance?
When u use 100% to get 75% you need to change the fuel distance too or cars will be to heavy

Koeloe are you aware that you forgot to change fuel distance?
When u use 100% to get 75% you need to change the fuel distance too or cars will be to heavy

Does this need doing because tyre life was changed downwards from 100% as opposed to tyre wear increased?

Wouldn't changing the fuel loads mean that people can last even longer on the tyres with this database?

Hi mate, what value controls the ai's tyre wear rate? Your mod is great for making 50 percent races have more stops, but I noticed that at silver stone the ai's tyres are so worn by the time they pit on lap 7 that their times slow right down.

How can you leave the strategy the same but decrease the wear?

Thanks

• Deleted member 137812

There is a formula for that. take 100% fuel distance and 50% fuel distance and divide it by 2. So (100%+50%)/2

Why on earth 3 stops on 25%.. that's just excessive..

Don't use it then. Use the 100% and select 25% race ingame. Some like the pitstops.

About what you asked in the other thread, you can open the database file with Ryder's editor and tweak the track_difficulty to your liking.

I have changed the values in database track difficulty down for hard to be almost as values for medium,...at Canada they are still lapping q times at 1:15, and I am 1:17, 1:16 if I drive the lap of my life :) Then i thought, ok i will increase the medium values, now they are bigger than values for hard, but they are still lapping 1:18:500 or higher and my best lap is 1:16:780, how is that possible? :O_o:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%