PC1 Curious about flag rules and damage effects on handling.

I have seem plenty of videos testing out the physical damage to the cars, since people like to crash them and watch them break, but I have not seen what is important to most legume racers -- how do impacts with other cars, things, or even abusive driving effect the handling or survivability of the cars? Is there some sort of component system that's fairly basic and works in progression of severity, or is there something more in depth? At what point will a pit stop become necessary and exactly what are your choices in entering the pits and what can the pit crew repair?

Also, how developed is the flag system? Do safety cars come out? Are there only local yellows What about blue flags? Can you ever get a penalty, such as a drive-through, for any type of misconduct?

Thanks in advance if you can shed some light...

Like a lot of things its still WIP, but so far i've seen can blown engines, damaged suspension, and wheels coming off (at one point this was a bug, but I've seen people say its possible again, so it may or may not be intentional).

As for flags there local yellow and blue flags, but the penalties don't seem to be hooked up yet. you can get a drive through if you jump the start.

No safety cars though, at least not yet.

Thanks. I feel that if they can the handling right and implement a penalty system that is at least reasonable, even if it screws up from time to time, so everyone is jerked around equally, but generally bad behavior gets punished, then, with pit strategy added in, we will really have the world's best *racing* game to date. But that's a lot of ifs.

I think I'm ok to post this.
What parts will be done on release and what will come later is unknown,
and things may change last minute but this is or has been in the builds so far.

"Local yellow flags for collisions and cars off track. Green flag will be shown when cleared.
White Flag for slow cars ahead e.g. damaged car limping back to the pits
Blue Flags Implemented and working."

"Jump starting and overtaking under yellow lead to Stop-and-Go penalties.
Not severing them disqualifies a driver.
Driving against the direction of the track and hitting another car leads to a direct disqualification."

" I'm not sure about the final design in terms of track cutting. At the moment you will be automatically slowed down for 5 seconds, but this very well could change. For example a three strike policy like in DTM, where you get a Stop-and-Go if you went off track with a time gain 3 times."

"From a couple of free practice sessions I can tell that it is possible to bend the steering rack when making your car go fast over sausage kerbs, and I also experienced burst tyres.

About component failure, there was a time when individual cars suffered from engine failures after a handful of laps due to lacking optimization, so that system is in place, too."

"Brakes can fade and fail, too."

"We also have gearbox damage that punishes you for bad shifting (mainly with manual clutch)"

"Aero damage is active. Contact can cause you to lose downforce, gain drag,
and have reduced cooling to the engine and brakes."

Hope that gives a glimpse of the intent.

:thumbsup:

I think it will be a good game/sim, some parts are really good now and some need more work.

Will it be perfect on day one, not likely, but I see a will to make it good
and with input from users and a few patches under it's belt I'm sure it will be really good.

;)

Reactions: Rob
I think it will be a good game/sim, some parts are really good now and some need more work.

Will it be perfect on day one, not likely, but I see a will to make it good
and with input from users and a few patches under it's belt I'm sure it will be really good.

;)

I saw in a video the other day a flag pop up on the left that was black and white and said something like "unsportsmanlike conduct Warning" but there was no penalty. It was basically a ramming type situation. Do you think there will ever be drive-through penalties or second deductions for actual driving behavior?

There is already drive through penalty for some incidents like false start (easy to rule),

but contact is a tricky one, who cut who of etc.

So I'm not sure what the plan is.

;)

Reactions: Rob

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years