1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTD Problems

Discussion in 'GRID Autosport' started by Von Butters, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

As the title would suggest, GRiD AS keeps closing and returns to the desktop.
    I can play, do a couple of laps then blam, no game.

I've heard this is a bit of a problem for Nvidia card owners, but as I have AMD cards, I cant find any solution to help, or even why its happening!

Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Running rock solid on my system (Nvidia) Chris.
    hope you find a solution.:)
  3. What are your PC specs and OS? Anything overclocked? Does it happen consistently after a few laps?
  4. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

Amd 8320 @ 4.4, 2 x Amd 7970 @ Stock, Asus Sabertooth 990 FX mono, Coolermaster Sedion 240 rad.
    Temps on cup never go over 45° and go never over 60°.
  5. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

C:/Users/ACCOUNTNAME/Documents/My Games/Grid Autosport/hardwaresettings in file hardware_settings_config.xml

<directx forcedx10="false" /> to <directx forcedx10="true" />

The fix is conserning for us all who have downloaded the free HD texture DLC and are having the black screen crash (DX11 mode).
    The fix is:
    Right click Grid: autosport and go to properties. There you go to the DLC tab and untick the HD texture DLC pack.
    Start the game and go in the options menu to graphic and set your advanced graphic to automatic.

Confirmed, tested and backtested to Grid 2 and showdown:
    Try to only use the premade graphic details. aka just high, ultra ect. WITHOUT changing anything.
    Costum settings can crash.
    Tested that also with Grid 2 and Showdown and it fixed the black screen crash for me.

Very good info from Rup about a patch coming out 2morrow

Cheers, and have FUN out there. ;)