CSW 2.5 tire flat spot vibrations

Hey all. In the last couple of months - maybe a bit longer - when I flat spot a tire the FFB vibrations are ... somewhat extreme. It's driving me crazy. The wheel shudders violently non-stop. Does anyone know a setting or edit to reduce it?

I know it's supposed to be there and is the realism I paid all this Fanatec money for :), but it's just so unpleasant, I don't mind a bit of it but I need a way to reduce it.

I'm unsure if it was a Fanatec driver/firmware update or AC patch that 'enhanced' it. I've been racing AC since early access and it was never a problem before.

I drive so carefully to avoid flatspotting but after a a few laps it happens anyway, can start even without a brake lockup, just a slight slide around a turn will start it, then the wheel vibrates like crazy until the next pit stop.

Have tried, with zero effect:

Reducing on-wheel FF, Force, Shock.(well, reducing FF does help, but I need to turn it to close to zero then all the rest of the FFB is gone and the wheel is super light. Yuck).
In-game filter
All FFB wheel settings (curb, slip etc) are set to 0. Gain is about 50% (it changes track by track, adjusted to be just short of clipping).
Modded my CS pedals for a stiffer shorter throw for more control and reduce the chance of a lock up in the first place.

I drive open wheelers, usually the F138.

Thanks!

I race in a league that only does F1 cars, and yeah damage is on. Perhaps because of the big F1 tires and powerful brakes it flatspots more, running softer tires of course makes it happen earlier and the FFB thunka thunka is more pronounced, also perhaps because there's usually a bit of very late braking defense or attack to cause flatspots in the first place, but the net result is it happens pretty much every race and the shudder is incredible, non-stop rapid thud thud thud that overwhelms all other FFB forces. And my senses. And sanity.

And I like that it's there - just looking for a way to isolate and reduce that particular effect.

Good question, Flouncy .... I'm also searching for such a possible setting to reduce those extreme vibrations .... not only for the slight loss of FFB feeling ... but also ( for a G27 ) this awful rattling noise.
Very annoying when having to make an extra pitstop in a endurance race.... mostly only because of the loud noise it makes.... ( mostly very annoying late in the evening for the family and neighbours also :whistling: ).

There are only a few cars in AC showing this real problem of flat spots ( F1, 599xxx, RSR 2017 for ex.) ... lower the brake pression is not always a good solution.
In our league servers, damages are of course always on ... even reduced to 70-80%, this doesn't solve those exagerated effects.

Wow, I am not the best at modulating brakes (I do use ABS a lot though) and I was convinced that AC didn't do any kind of flat-spot modelling cos I've never felt any hint of it on my G27, despite plenty of lock-ups. Am gonna have to try and look for it now :sneaky:

In our league servers, damages are of course always on ... even reduced to 70-80%, this doesn't solve those exagerated effects.

I'm not the only one in our league trying to find a way to minimise this effect, but I'm pretty sure it's unrelated because we've tried reducing damage and that has no impact.

Of course, Neil, with ABS on .. that's not happening except after real braking exagerations.

And this is also more noticeable in an endurance race .... than in a 20 minutes ( or less ) race ... and more on some specific tracks as Barcelona and Spa for example and using soft tyres ( and even also medium ones sometimes ).

NB I don't remember when it appeared in AC but anyway I found this in the changelog for 1.3 update:
- Tyre flat spots are now taking into account tyre softness

Last edited:
Wow, I am not the best at modulating brakes (I do use ABS a lot though) and I was convinced that AC didn't do any kind of flat-spot modelling cos I've never felt any hint of it on my G27, despite plenty of lock-ups. Am gonna have to try and look for it now :sneaky:
Remeber that you have to have vehicle damage enabled for flatspots to appear. You should also see them in the damage indicator as a yellow/red dot in the wheel:
pro_11-png.202823

Don't worry, I do mean that I don't feel any flat spots even when I have ABS off and damage on (despite seeing the red spots flash up for tyre damage) :D
But yeah I'll have to give it a proper try with soft tyres and one of the cars listed above :thumbsup:

I doubt that it can be reduced without reducing the overall ffb strength. That said, i think that this feature push the driver to do better and to understand that pushing to the limit constantly is not always the best option. You have to find the braking distance you are comfortable with and not the lowest possible, because that will induce a mistake at some point. Of course i'm talking about 5~ meters, not 50.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%