CSR Wheel and in Game Settings

Hi Guys

So coming back to PC Racing and recently purchasing Rfactor 2 has anybody got recommended settings for the wheel and in game please.Been browsing google but there arent many settings available one can use in game and on the wheel

I have a CSW and I have dampening and spring off in the wheel setting and force at 100. In terms of rotation I am not sure if rF2 overwrites the settings of the wheel with the CSR. I use 520° of rotation and steering lock of 25° for most cars.
In terms of rF2 I change nothing for the FFB except the FFB multiplier which is on 1.00 per default. Depending on the car I set change it in a range from 0.9 to 1.5.
Something that is noticeable in rF2 is that when you run higher caster in the car setup the wheel gets heavier.

So in terms of FFB I dont really change anything apart from the multiplier, which is fine at 1.00 for most of the cars.

On the isiforum there is a huge tutorial how to setuo FFB perfectly with all the json file editing and stuff, but never did that, because for me it works out of the box.

P.S. I have the FFB smoothing in 0 which can cause rattle on cheaper wheels, but even with my G25 I ran it at 0 it has rattleing, but hated the feel with higher smoothing.

Thx Frederic , i seem to have the profile almost to where i want it to be , feels good on the track , my only Hiccup now is the throttle thats way to sensitive .No matter what i adjust in game min/max it still wants to bullet at the slightest touch ,Do i have to edit some configuration.ini settings somewhere?

You can lower throttle sensitivity in the settings. When you are new to rF2 make sure the track has rubbered in a bit. When the track is completely green you will have lots of problems putting the power down as green in rF2 resembles a dusty track, that hasn't been used for quite a while, so it is very slippery.

Thx Frederic , i seem to have the profile almost to where i want it to be , feels good on the track , my only Hiccup now is the throttle thats way to sensitive .No matter what i adjust in game min/max it still wants to bullet at the slightest touch ,Do i have to edit some configuration.ini settings somewhere?

What cars have you been trying Andrew, some of them do have quite a sensitive throttle, takes a bit of practice to break the habit of being able to floor it like we did on the Xbox :p

Andrew I checked in game and on my CSR.
I did some reading and some experimenting and ended up with.
In Game
Steering rate 20%
Speed Sensitivity 0%
Look ahead 0%
Wheel Range 480 Deg
FFB 1.00-1.34 depending on car
FFB smoothing 0 (lower the better its only there for Logitech to stop rattling)
Wheel Sens 100
Dead Zone 0
Throttle sens 75% for cars that are tricky with wheelspin. 100% for the rest
Clutch sens 200%

On Wheel
Sens Off
Shock 80
dri Off
ABS Off
Lin 000
dea 0
Spr 0
dpr 0
ACL Off (auto clutch)

My FFB is lovely most of the time now.
One tip- play with caster. More caster makes more mathematical force multiplyer from road wheel to steering rack (mechanical trail).
Also play with front tyre pressures. They affect FFB "feel" (pneumatic trail)

Let us know how you get on.

David

Also this was good
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-for-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%