1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tom, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Just pre-ordered it. As long as it's up to Crysis 2 I don't see any issues. However, I've never played the MP Alpha before - it's been on my Origin account since November. I'm buying it for single player anyway. :)

Do you guys plan on picking it up?

2. Seemed like just another shooter, checkpointy, so not my cup of tea.
    Can't run it even if I did like it anyway :D

3. I'll be getting it.

4. i have inside info already on the game, gameplay is the same as crysis 2 & a real disappointment according to my source who has played it for a couple of hours.

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It'll just be the next benchmark then. :D

6. Played the Alpha and wasn't bad considering it was Alpha. Busy downloading the beta. Crysis MP for me is average to be honest but I'm going to buy it purely for the SP

7. Pre-ordered it last night, £31 for the Hunter Edition, roll on next Friday.

8. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

I've never even touched the MP. Well...twice in Crysis 2. When I got it and 6 months later - ACHIEVEMENT! :D

9. Not too fond of the MP though. I am way too slow to re-act. SP = EPIC though :D hop C3 is just as good. Preloaded and noticed that the game is only available next weekend :/

10. That is my failing on FPS MP, I seem to shoot my own guys which doesn't usually go down too well, if I wait till I've identified them it's usually too late and I'm dead, they need BIG letters above their heads saying "Enemy", the one game I was OK at was FarCry 1. I find BF3 etc way too hard and that is playing properly on the PC with a Mouse & Keyboard, I play like a one year old on PS3, it's hard enough aiming your gun with a Gamepad let alone identifying who you should be shooting :rolleyes:

11. I use color blind mode in BF3. Partly cause I struggle to see and differentiate between some colours but mostly because it highlights the colours so you can see who is who more easy.

12. Well, you guys would lose your sanity playing something like Arma on Hardcore difficulty... :p

13. How do you use Colour Blind mode, not heard of that one?

14. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

15. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

That's how a real MP shooter should look. ;)

[​IMG]

(No, that's not a cheat in Quake.)

16. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

17. I'll PM you the steps to take in game. Can't remember at the top of my head now

18. Thanks Tiens.

Just looking at System Requirements, I think this is this the first game I've seen that requires minimum DX11 card to run:

Minimum System Operating Requirements for PC
    * Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
    * DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
    * Dual core CPU
    * 2 GB Memory (3 GB on Vista)

Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC
    * DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
    * Quad core GPU
    * 4 GB Memory

Hi-Performance PC Specifications
    * Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
    * Latest quad core CPU
    * SLI / Crossfire configurations will run even better
    * 8 GB Memory

19. I pre-ordered two copies from AmazonUK, one for me and the other for a mate, my copy was ordered first then his copy two days later, his copy was despatched first and delivered today while my copy didn't arrive, crappy Royal Mail :mad:

20. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Yay, the game is running smooth @ Very High. Satisfied, looks amazing. :D