CRT Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skellignite

@Simberia
Do the latest CRT monitors produce a display as bright as current LCD ones ? My sister needs a new CRT monitor (can't go LCD as her desk can only take CRT's) due to picture warping. It is a pretty dark display, even when fiddling around with the OSD settings, which makes playing some games rather tricky.

OK, you are going to have to explain the picture warping for the LCD type displays on your sisters desk as this is the first time I have heard of that. Is there a problem with heat or something there?

As for the CRT's, it has been my experience in the past that anything with a trinitron tube had the best displays, but you had to put up with a couple of fine lines running horizontal across the display, about a pixel in height each. They are shadows from the wire that holds the shadow mask in place inside the tube.

If there is an issue with electromagnets in the desk, then the CRT's will have issues as well due to the magnetism causing issues with deflection in the tube causing color issues. As for her religion being an issue, well all I can say is that the Sony Trinitron tube has nothing at all to do with the holy trinity, so not sure what the issue is there.

The magnets move around under the desk to make her jesus figurine move around the top of the desk, the old crt was not affected because it was made of steel.

And it was nothing to do with the holy trinity, her religion forbids buying products made of plastic.

:confused:
How can you run a pc thats doesnt use plastic?
Keyboards!
Mouse!
CD-Rom front plate!
Speakers!
Printer!
CD's disc's themselfs!
CD cases!

I just cant comprehend a life without plastic, from even something like a toothbrush to food packaging use plastic!

I!
I!
I am actualy lost for words, my mind has just blown trying to think of how to run a pc without using plastic!!!

(jdfhgbeug) <- bangs head on keyboard

OK, so now I am at a loss here. How is it that she is not allowed to buy a monitor that has a trinitron tube then? The trinitron tube is made of glass.

Jim I think this is a wind up mate!
I dont think anything is going to solve this topic.

As plastic is plasitc, every company uses it, synthetic or "real stuff".

I am curious though, to the name of the religion?

Shes a quaker and to them oil is the earths blood, she unknowingly does have plastic because once I got her a keyboard with mouse and then I stuck grass all over it and said they was friendly plastic, but this will no longer work because she wants to fetch the tv herself.

Then my only suggestion to you is advice your sister to buy an apple Thunderbolt 27" monitor....
That will solve everything.

Apple Thunderbolt Display and the EnvironmentApple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more on the Apple Environment site The Apple Thunderbolt Display is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
  • Lead-free
  • BFR-free
  • PVC-free[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Mercury-free
  • Arsenic-free glass
  • Meets ENERGY STAR 5.1 requirements
  • Rated EPEAT Gold[SUP]3[/SUP]
Apple and the EnvironmentLearn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and processes. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
RecyclingApple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimisation. Learn more about how to recycle your Apple display.

Then put a sticker over the logo and call it a bananna monitor. :mad:

You aint gunna find a more environmentally friendly monitor then an apple monitor, tell her its either that or she goes back to a wooden abacus.

You know, Im not religous but I bet if god was real and came to earth he would use an apple, as we all know Bill Gates is the devils son. (insert Sarcasm now!)
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back