1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crowdfund StockV8 side mirror fix? :)

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by kauff, Sep 23, 2015.

1. hi guys,
    I will paypal someone a couple of bucks if they can tell me how to fix the stupid side mirrors!?! It really bothers me but I have not found a fix. I have my VFOV set at 38 in the StockV8 and the side mirrors just point perpendicular to my car,which of course, is of no use to me. I have tried messing with the Shift+Seat Adj keys and it does not adjust the mirrors enough.

my side mirrors look just like EB's video below. Can anyone assist! Thank you!

2. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

because of this ive enable alternat rear look (press left/right look at once, and taken away rear car objects i the mirror. (so when you look back you dont see just the back of the seat. Personally i think iracing has the best mirrors moving/customization in any sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Doesn't it drive you crazy that all you have grass and guard rails whizzing past you in the side mirrors? I agree with you on iRacing...this seems like a slam dunk to me but I am sure its more complicated than I am insinuating.

4. Gringo

Gringo
    Premium Member

Give this a try, not really better just a different compromise within the limits of the engine.

Stock Car V8 Cockpit View Concept by Gringo

Download StockV8_cpit_veiw_concept.zip

Copy the two files "mirror.bmp" and "stock_cp_mirrors.gmt" to GameData\Vehicles\ folder, and make the following variable edits

I designed this cockpit viewpoint and rearview using 3440x1080 monitor with 40 deg FOV.

Code:
    YourPlayer.plr

[ Graphic Options ]

Rearview="1" // 0=Off, 1=Center and Side, 2=Center only, 3=Side only (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on/off)

Rearview Width="64.00000"
    Rearview Height="14.00000"

Seat Adjustment Aft="0.00000"
    Seat Adjustment Up="0.00000"
    Mirror Adjustment Horizontal="0.00000"
    Mirror Adjustment Vertical="0.00000"

Moving Rearview="3" // Whether mirrors respond to head movement in cockpit (0=none, 1=position-only, 2=FOV-only, 3=both) - add 4 if you want to IGNORE head-tracking movement
    Rearview_Front_Clip="1.50000" // Front plane distance for mirror (0.0 = use default for scene)

Self In Cockpit Rearview="1" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

------------------------------------------------

StockV8_2014_cockpitinfo.ini and/or StockV8_cockpitinfo.ini

Eyepoint=(0.391, 0.775, 0.565)        // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/-RIGHT, UP/-DOWN, BACK/-FORWARD)

MirrorPos=(0.00, 0.850, -1.450)

You can tweak the views with the seat/mirror controls to your liking.

Be sure to try 0,0 for the seat and mirror positions to get the intended effect.

Cheers

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hmmm....i triple checked you instructions and now it shows a mirrored view of what is in front of me.

6. Gringo

Gringo
    Premium Member

Probably this edit you missed.

StockV8_2014_cockpitinfo.ini and/or StockV8_cockpitinfo.ini

Eyepoint=(0.391, 0.775, 0.565) // Driver eyepoint (cockpit view only) ( LEFT/-RIGHT, UP/-DOWN, BACK/-FORWARD)

MirrorPos=(0.00, 0.850, -1.450)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015