F1 2011 Crowd and dust

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Couple of my pet peeves. Stands are half full... need to sell more tickets! Is it possible to address this with a mod? And the cars kicking up dirt as they go over the curbs... this one I just turned off particles altogether but would like a proper fix.

Couple of my pet peeves. Stands are half full... need to sell more tickets! Is it possible to address this with a mod? And the cars kicking up dirt as they go over the curbs... this one I just turned off particles altogether but would like a proper fix.

I would say, if you are worrying about how much public is on the stands you cannot be driving fast enough. I though it was a driving game?

I would say, if you are worrying about how much public is on the stands you cannot be driving fast enough. I though it was a driving game?
I CLEARLY defined this as a minor issue by saying it is couple of my pet peeves... unless you don't know what that term means. I obviously don't look at the public all the time but the immersion breaks when I look at the stands in the beginning of the race and at the end. Also a few tracks have stands at the end of a straightaway such as Korea which is only 1/3 filled. That comes into my view every lap.

This is a driving game so do you turn crowds off?

his got a good point, why no full capacity crowd during race? maybe what can be done is to improve the overall atmosphere to the game, examples like inclusion of podium cutscenes, background crowd sounds (cheering, horns etc.), script it so that whenever an overtake is done the crowd goes wild with horns in hand. thats what i've experienced in Sepang, Malaysia race.

dont burn me to hell, i know this is a game but this little inclusions do add up to a much better game. just like how a simple "select your preset character" could make your career more fun and personal. i'm not even asking a complete characterization, hate e short and pale as white look.

Another minor annoyance is the race engineer not calling out lap numbers. I like to turn off as many OSD as possible but can't keep track of lap number without it. At the least, he should call out final lap.

Personally I keep being pleasantly surprised by little inclusions.
Heat haze rising from the engine,
Dust when drivers in front kiss the litter.
The helicopter crashed at Spoon in a 100% race at Suzuka!
Engineer ponited out that I was getting front wheel lockup and should look at balance.

I would get really tired of engineer calling out the lap BTW, so we are all different in our needs.

If one gets annoyed when ppl respond that they dont agree its worth complaining about-If it is a only a minor peev maybe its not worth a special thread complaining?

Dust when drivers in front kiss the litter.
Litter yes... but not when they kiss the concrete curbs.

I would get really tired of engineer calling out the lap BTW, so we are all different in our needs.
A choice is a beautiful thing.

If one gets annoyed when ppl respond that they dont agree its worth complaining about-If it is a only a minor peev maybe its not worth a special thread complaining?
Again, a choice is a beautiful thing. If you are not interested in this discussion, you can choose not to participate instead of complaining about the thread. After all... we are all different in our needs :tongue:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back