WIP Croft

Haha!!

Now i know whats causing the texture weirdness.

It happens when you have your 'Texture Detail' set to anything lower than 'Full' AND it only affect textures that dont have mipmaps.

The pictures show a test i did. I picked one of the road textures and re-saved it with mipmaps, and it now displayed it correctly in-game.

This must be some kind of rFactor failsafe, to heavily rely on mipmaps to help with rendering of textures across a track.

Downside for me is, most of my textures are without mipmaps, as i like the clean crisp look of not having any.

Attachments

• WithMips.jpg
    WithMips.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 262
  • WithoutMips.jpg
    WithoutMips.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 265
Excellent sleuthing!

No wonder I've not really experienced that problem as I've always saved with mipmaps... somewhere in one of those trackmaking tutorials (a france racing site?), I recall seeing mention of always using at mipmaps of at least 7 and that's stuck with me. Never thought it would cause a problem if you didn't have them...

:)

My dillema now is, do i cater for all and go through all my textures and re-save with mipmaps......or stuff 'em and advise it be driven with textures set to full? lol

I know which i prefer (the least work involved choice!!) lol

Kris, with the camera stuff ive been trying to recreate your effect without sucess. simply changing the FOV parameters only seems to narrow the field of view of the camera, and does nothing for depth of field... ie background and foreground slightly blurred with the centre object in sharp focus. tweaking the FOV for me only ends up with me looking down a telescope at the cars, and the fore/back ground are still sharply in focus

thoughts?

cheers
ed

thoughts?

None what so ever.

I think the only other changes i made, were to clip planes and LOD multiplier. So maybe try tweaking those in conjunction with the FOV settings?

Have a look at post #39 where i quote one of my camera settings. Maybe try copy/pasting some values into your camera to see if you get the desired result. When you determine what you need to change, then you can replicate it for the rest of your cams.

I`ve just had a thought, the effects your after, have you seen the cameras in-game and want to recreate the effects? Or are you going off the video that Ryan posted about the beta test of Croft?

Because, if your going off the video posted, then i`m afraid that had some post-production editing done to it, and there's not a chance in hell of recreating that in rFactor. Sorry.

:)

My dillema now is, do i cater for all and go through all my textures and re-save with mipmaps......or stuff 'em and advise it be driven with textures set to full? lol

I know which i prefer (the least work involved choice!!) lol

yours wouldn`t be the 1st track released like that and it doesnt take a realy expencive PC to run rF on full

Kris - I'm at Croft in a couple of weeks for the BTCC if you need photos of any particular places let me know. :)

yeah we`ve got Ramon to than for that, he sorted the wed address and forum provider out a few days ago, but don`t look like nothing else has been done since :(
It's coming don't worry! We're having problems with vBulletin 4 bugs and the fact it doesn't like the theme too much, on top of that the stylevars are horrible to work with (according to Damo). With Damo being a perfectionist he wants to get to the bottom of it. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back