WIP Croft

Haha, this was my latest little project for the track.

Getting a marshall to wave his yellow flag when needed.

That took some doing as i`m new to 3dsimed lol

Obviously, the actual animation is crap, but it was a quick slam together to see if i could get it working. Now i can, i`ll make it look alot better before it makes it onto the track.
Thanks to who ever created the original marshall. Its not clear who this is, as the same ones are in loads of tracks lol

Just to let you all know, this isn`t dead.

GRAB_010.jpg

And for something completely different, i`m starting a begging mission.

If there is anybody on these forums that lives near, or can get to Croft easily, i wouldnt mind if they could drive round it with some GPS type equipment to get some kind of height data into this track, as it is SERIOUSLY lacking that at the minute.

Any help is mucho appreciated :)

Got some height data now. Also made a track using it and its not bad. Not perfect, but not bad.

Now all i need to do is figure out a way of changing the current track without having to mess about changing every single object :(

I reckon i should probably release it to the masses about now, but i`m one of those people that has to do a little bit of this, and a little bit of that before i do lol

you and BMC alike :tongue:

are you still in contact with him? would love to know how Cadwell is comming along, but since Syncros demise not seen any updates :(

you and BMC alike :tongue:

are you still in contact with him? would love to know how Cadwell is comming along, but since Syncros demise not seen any updates :(

I got in touch a few weeks back, to see if i could take it over or pass it to someone who could finish it to the same standard, and according to the man himself he`s still very much active with Cadwell and its still ongoing.

Also, Syncro has a website again. Its only a splash page, but shows promise. http://www.syncro-gaming.com/
I think there's likely to be a forum by the end of the night :)

great to hear Cadwells still on :cool:, did he mention about converting it to other games? i know he was keen on it being multi sim but the guy i was going to get to help is not in contact with me anymore.

yeah we`ve got Ramon to than for that, he sorted the wed address and forum provider out a few days ago, but don`t look like nothing else has been done since :(

how do you get the trackside sameras to have that cool depth of field? i havent played with them much, and like the effects youre getting

cheers
ed

In the CAM file, you`ll see this for each camera;
TrackingCam=TRACKING1 //turn 1
{
Position=(-224.1336, -1.901765, -435.8909)
PositionOffset=(1.500, 1.000, 0.000)
Fov=(17, 17)
Clear=False
Color=(0, 0, 0)
ClipPlanes=(0.5, 1500)
LODMultiplier=(6)
Size=(1.000000, 1.000000)
Center=(0.500000, 0.500000)
MipmapLODBias=(0)
Flags1=(3)
Flags2=(0)
ActivationLocation=(-176.862, 0.6092834, -285.8453)
ActivationRadius=(100)
Groups=(1)
TrackingRate=(0)
ListenerVol=(5.00)

The FOV is default at 65, 45 (i think). Lowering this will give you what you want :)
Its kind of trial and error though, so play around with it.

The downside i found to this was it zooms in on the skybox, making it pixelated and i cnt find a fix for this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%