1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Crewchief released for AC

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by schrep1964, Sep 6, 2016.

1. schrep1964

schrep1964
    Premium Member

Hi there. I'm just a messenger. Jim Britton (mr Belowski) has released his magnificent spotter app Crewchief for Assetto Corsa. Although it is just a beta, it is a must have app IMHO. Get it at the official AC forum.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  2. you got a link for us, please?
    i couldn't find it

3. <mod edit: downloads in the download section>

third line down in the first post.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  4. tpw

tpw

If you are already using Crew Chief in AMS or R3E it will automatically update itself to the latest AC compatible version when you next load it.

Looking forward to another earful of abuse from Mr_B in AC!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. <sigh>... After all the hours of work and all the clever stuff the app does, it's most exciting feature is that it swears a lot. Children ;)

The Assetto Corsa version needs a Python plugin to collect up opponent data and a few other things. Don't forget to copy the CrewChiefEx folder from the app's installation directory to your Assetto Corsa installation's python apps folder and activate the Python app in-game.

Also, please don't upload a version of the app to this site's download area. I'd like to post a link directly to the app's proper official download location but I'm not allowed and doing so will get this thread locked and moderated to oblivion. Sorry guys - if anyone doesn't already have the app and wants to try it, search for it on the Sector3 (raceroom) forums (it's the same app) and use the link there

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. :O_o:

Any particular reason for that?

7. The app auto-updates, so if I needed to change the way it did this having an old version downloadable on this site would make it awkward. Someone uploaded a very old version of my app last year (without permission) and it took a couple of months of me asking before it was taken down. During that time the app improved a lot but anyone looking for it on here would have downloaded an old and rubbish version.

RD also allowed someone to upload an AC spotter 'voice' pack, which was some files from Crew Chief re-packaged to work with an existing AC spotter (again without my knowledge or permission). I didn't mind someone repacking my work like that, but it's frustrating that RD don't mind hosting stuff that I've not given permission for, but get very cranky if I dare post a link to something.

tl/dr: cos I don't want it hosted here :)

8. tpw

tpw

Nah, the app is a technical triumph, the abuse is just icing on the cake. I think I've thanked you on the AMS and R3E sites for this literally game changing mod, so I'll thank you again here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium Member

Thanks! Best app ever and now that it's available for AC it just got fantastic :cool::D:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Turk

Turk
    Premium Member

It even has voice recognition! That's awesome. I'll have to give this a go.

11. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

I haven't seen a report? We get loads of them a day tho, so might have missed it. Every reported download that has some proof in it is handled correctly and the download is always removed right away.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Meh, RD moderators are proactively policing people like me posting a legitimate link, deleting posts and insisting stuff is uploaded instead, despite there being good reasons not to upload. Yet you're happy to wait to be told about dodgy uploads.

To be brutally honest I'm proud of my work and a little protective, and RD have been obstructive and petty. The fact that I'm not allow to even post a link to crew chief is stupid.

Anyway, for those that read this post before it gets deleted, expect an update later which fixes some the performance issues and adds more features. You'll need to update the CrewChiefEx plugin folder in your AC install

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

Links are not allowed due to many reasons, one of them spreading malware, so exceptions are hard to make.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yeah great app, using it with ams and r3e, now in AC it will be great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Got it installed last night...it brings life to the game! so much more fun!

16. Will you make a version for rfactor2, because rfactor 2 spotter is piss poor, you can actually hear the developer eating while calling out lap and sector times, really amateur job from them.

17. Tobiman

Tobiman
    Premium Member

Hello, where can I get this mod?

18. Tobiman

Tobiman
    Premium Member

I used the search function on the official AC forums and got it. Works nice. Can't wait to try it in a real race.

19. for info...I got it from the official PCars forum (mods and apps section).

20. Terra21

Terra21
    Premium Member

Really nice app a bit more voice interactions in race when passing moves are made past opponents would be good