• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Crew Chief question

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Billy Pilgrim, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim

Ratings:
    +105
    I use Crew Chief. It is ridiculously good.

Occasionally the crew chief guy tells me the lap time of the AI that is in first place. I'd really like him to give me that info on every lap.

I want to know as it can be useful to know when setting up offline AI races and to know if I've got the AI strength more or less at the right strength for me.

If this isn't possible through Crew Chief, does anyone know of another way you can get the first place AI's laptime on every lap during the race?

2. GoPhastVGS

GoPhastVGS

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Billy,
    Do you use the mic/speech option in Crew Chief? - Ask Him?
    I just did a 10 lap. Quick Race w/AI to check, and I got a lot of "I didn't understand that"s". When I asked the 'Chief' - "What's the gap?" Most of Silver Stone International is "busy" and the S/F straight, the chief is already yak'in away! The back straight, when I asked him "Where is Holmes" or "Weber", or "Clarke" He always said the time interval/ After the race, "Where is <Any of the driver's last name>?" He said their finish position along with their time behind. (I won *_that_* race.)
    Try it, I was really impressed!
    Hope this helps.
    V

• Like Like x 1
  3. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim

Ratings:
    +105
    OK, thanks for the reply.

I've just located an unused microphone in the bottom of a drawer.... I'll try it out.

4. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    I'm not sure about Crew Chief but can you get the information you need from the default "Realtime" app? It seems to cycle through lap times at the bottom of the app beneath the gap timings. I haven't quite worked it out though as it seems to use colour coding for the lap times but with no explanation of what those colours actually mean. I'm also not sure if it shows the top 3 drivers lap times or the top 3 fastest lap times. I've seen posts mention settings for this app but I've never been able to find them!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim

Ratings:
    +105
    Thanks for the tip.
    I have now set up a mic to do voice recognition with Crew Chief. I just have to say "What's the leader's last lap time?".
    It works perfectly. I couldn't recommend it enough.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    Is there a reference list of valid questions the app could validly respond to?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +229
    Launch Crew Chief and click on Help button .... there's a list in there of all questions CC can respond to. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. JoelK

JoelK
    Premium

Ratings:
    +139
    Color-coding in RealTime works like this: Green= Personal SB, Red= Slower than Personal SB or invalidated lap time , Purple= The whole sessions best.

RealTimes times are also reset between P/Q/R so your first validated will always be green. Also the 3 times shown on it are the 3 latest drivers to finish their laps.

Ps. This is how it works by default

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    Thanks Joel, that's really useful! You mentioned this is how it works by default - are there settings or a settings menu for Realtime to customise it? Surprises me that there is so little information about how some of the default apps work, but then perhaps they are so simple you should be able to figure them out yourself :redface: