Credibility for Montoya and VirtualR - ZERO

That site is one big joke now..

At first when he said he would join PCARS, it was bad enough to run a news site and be affiliated with a game you are reviewing but now he made this article....

And made it sound like it was specific to iRacing.

Be prepared for some interesting reading, the moderator is also an idiot and replies to every single negative post about the subject despite Kunoz and other well-established sim creators say that the issue is found in all the sims.

http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-magic-save-exploit-causes-controversy#disqus_thread

eh, I never read the comment sections anyway on Virtualr. I don't really care about this two foot hack thing anyways, the NTM is still the 400lb gorilla in the room that no one wants to talk about. Why do the tires last forever, I mean FOREVER in any car, that seems to be a big problem to me.

As far as virtualr, I like the site, I skip over all the pcars news (even though I have it) it is just shift 2 with some different cars. I payed $30 for it and I really don't like it, no big deal, its not the last bad game I am going to buy. I like the hardware news and its good to know when some new mods come out for rfactor and that's mostly what I like about the site. I can see Montoya shutting it down and then we will loose what I think to be a good sim race resource site. As far as being biased, who cares, really. Just take the good and the bad, and if you find more bad then good fine, don't use the site. Again I don't read the comment section under anything on that site so I don't know what is being said about all this.

eh, I never read the comment sections anyway on Virtualr. I don't really care about this two foot hack thing anyways, the NTM is still the 400lb gorilla in the room that no one wants to talk about. Why do the tires last forever, I mean FOREVER in any car, that seems to be a big problem to me.

As far as virtualr, I like the site, I skip over all the pcars news (even though I have it) it is just shift 2 with some different cars. I payed $30 for it and I really don't like it, no big deal, its not the last bad game I am going to buy. I like the hardware news and its good to know when some new mods come out for rfactor and that's mostly what I like about the site. I can see Montoya shutting it down and then we will loose what I think to be a good sim race resource site. As far as being biased, who cares, really. Just take the good and the bad, and if you find more bad then good fine, don't use the site. Again I don't read the comment section under anything on that site so I don't know what is being said about all this.
All you need to do to get a refund is write down plainly in the WMD forum that you don't like it and explain why that is. You'll be removed instantly with refunds and all.

What´s even more funny is that now he´s made another news thread about the "hax"

But the funny thing is that he´s taken the video which was used against him to show that the problem occurs in other games.
Then he takes Niels (GSC) and Stefano (AC) that was posted against him and then post it as something he has brought to the table.

As usual, VirtualR took a neutral stance on the issue as the idea was to let you, the reader, decide on how serious the issue is using a video provided that shows the problem in effect.
This is a lie though.. the issue here was that he posted about an issue specific to iRacing.
Nothing was mentioned that PCARS for example had this issue.

A question for all of you....how many videos have you seen from other games that show bugs or loopholes in the physics?
How many of those was PCARS material?

So it´s not the hax that´s the problem. it´s the ability to be unbiased against any game company which in Montoya´s case is impossible.

his "job" won´t allow him to post anything bad/strange about PCARS.

montoya writes on vr.:
Of course there wouldn't be a topic about bugs in pCARS because I wouldn't know where to start, right now there's a gazillion bugs in it and nobody's denying that.... which is because it's still a year away from release.
If you can't understand the difference between a software in pre-alpha stage and a finished product that is used for professional competitions then I don't know what to say. Nobody expects pCARS to be a finished product but iRacing is pushing hard to be seen as the top shelf simulation that is closer connected to real racing than any other product. If you want to have that reputation you have to live with being under the magnifying glass.
A physics bug like this in iRacing is simply a much bigger deal than in other racing games.

VirtualR has taken a turn towards pCARS. Their owner and the moderators are now basically pCARS promotors in VirtualR disguise, though it's merely a public secret. You can see it in the way their website is displayed and in the fact that every little fart from pCARS is a news items on VirtualR. Now they are trying to discredit other sims by making news items about bugs or other small issues and even non-issues like the so called 'brake-bug'. Every game has bugs. No one denies it, not even iRacing, despite their claims on realism. It's no news, it's just public slander to publish it like that.

so we don't read the same side.there are much more positive articles about every existing racing game.or don't read you the articles about rf2,ac,gsc,.....................
and do you believe that rd news are neutral?
VirtualR is a news website that used to post news. The point of criticism here is that (1) apparently they've now turned into pCARS promotors whilst trying to present themselves as neutral; (2) that it's bad taste while working for one developer to publicly discredit the work of other developers and (3) to present it as news, while it really isn't.

RaceDepartment does not post news items that discredit NoGripRacing, RaceSimCentral or any other community for the sake of promoting ourselves. Nor do we post in favor of a certain developer or discredit others whilst pretending to be neutral.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%