F1 2010 Creating your own setup for each tracks

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm wondering how do you guys design your own setup?

For example i know what all the setting do.

In GTR2, i've learned that basically i turn all setting to minimal or 1. From there i will tune bit by bit and run a few track. Rinse and repeat until i get it right.

So for F1 car. How should 1 approach if they want to create a setup from scratch?

Or is the CM default setup a good starting place to start with?

Thanks for the info and i'm sorry if its not on the right forum.

Actually my question is not asking how to setup because i know how to tweak those setting. I understand that its easier to use another person setup and do some fine tuning from there.

But as with all other sim/games out there. Usually there is a default setup that is for all cars and tracks. But from my GTR day, i've learned that some setups have to be done from scratch.

My point is actually before i even start tuning. Is it advisable to use the default setup programmed by the developer?

Example:

Default setup for the Front and Rear wing in this game is set at 6 / 6.

Should one be tempering with the Suspension first? Or should 1 go and mess with the Anti-Roll bar first? Or should we be doing the Weight Ballast first?

What the developer gave us may not always be the best place to start tuning i guess?

Another GTR setup example:

I would go and tune my Camber/Toe/Suspension to get the tyre temperature correct on the Inner, center and outer tyres. After i got that right, than i proceed to get the correct grip and downforce that i need. And from there, i will start looking at the Oversteer/Understeer issue and make adjustment from there. Once i got those correct, i will roll back to look at the tyre temperature and from there on is "fine" tuning.

:D

The guide teaches what each setting does. But my question posted is actually on "how" and "where" should i start tuning first?

Default Suspension setting in F1 2010 is position at 6/6.

Should i start putting them to the softest and tune from there? Or should i put them both on 11/11 and start from there?

Ok, maybe the thing that i asked is too much to digest. Please ignore this thread. Sorry, my bad. :)

nerver take TT setups for races with simulation on.

Why not? Only some tiny changes on the camber/gears and you are good to go :) Setups in this game don't have that much effect at all. Only a few tenths here and there if you nail consistent laps.

Some people make the mistake by thinking that the setup makes them fast, while it is actually their growing experience on a track that does 99,98% of the job

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back