• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a livery help

Discussion in 'MotoGP 16' started by peppe104, Sep 17, 2016.

1. peppe104

peppe104

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys :)
    Just a very simple question, I want to create a special livery for a moto2 team (surprise), I am very good with graphics tool but completely new to texture editing. Is there a sort template to use or I can just edit the .dds file? Once created the .dds, is there a way to live evaluate the result on the 3d model or I have to rebuild the .mix and start the game every time?

Thanks in advice community!

2. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +284
    You have to rebuild the .mix and restart the game to check the differences. My suggestion is to take a screenshot of the default model ingame and then try to take reference points so that you can work on it and already know a little bit how it will appear in game. This will save you some "game restarts"

Though, once you have made the general texture, fine-tuning it will be painful

3. peppe104

peppe104

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the suggestion! keep working on! :)

4. Xtra-Large22

Xtra-Large22

Ratings:
    +66
    Or you can take the Mask file with 50% oppacasity over the body.dds as a reference too for some missing small parts ;)

5. peppe104

peppe104

Ratings:
    +1
    good idea mate! current status 70% of a first beta release ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Xtra-Large22

Xtra-Large22

Ratings:
    +66
    Great peppe :thumbsup: