• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Creating a different team in Enduracers Mod?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Andrew Harper, May 1, 2017.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Hi,

Not sure if this is possible but just asking the question.

Is it possible to create separate team data for a team within the Enduracers mod?

In AMS for example you have the VEH files which allows you to create different team data.

I've done a skin for the Lola-HPD but I want to "badge" it differently within the game. It's running a different engine for example.

I saw on an old RF2 forum there was a kind of team button as well as the alternative skin option but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I see there is VEH files within the MAS files on the mod but obviously I don't want to mess with those as they tend to break if you make any changes! ;)

Doesn't matter too much if it isn't possible, just curious to see if it is :)

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,376
    - In AMS it's a .VEH file with a folder with the car dds skins.
    - In rF2 it's a .RCD file with a .mas file from the car dds templates.

.RCD = "Virtual ride" or "Addon AI"... .RCD irefers to an excisting .VEH.

Different but similar. :)

3 steps:
    - Create a directory (folder) for the car
    - Create a .mas (put the created .mas file in that folder)
    - Create a Team

1. Create Dir
    The virtual rides you create are set in the the UserData\player\Settings\ of your game.
    For each mod, there is a folder created that correspond to the component name.
    For the Endurance Series, it's ER_ESrF2/.............
    So your virtual rides will be in this folder for the ES mod: UserData\player\Settings\ER_ESrF2

- Create a folder for your virtual rides ingame.
    [​IMG]

2. Create a .mas File:

You can preview your skin as lose files by selecting your Alt_Body.dds in the tuning menu.
    Once done skinning: create a .mas file from your skin.

- Open the Mas2.exe Utility via the rFactor 2 launcher
    [​IMG]
    - Drag and Drop all your renamed .dds file(s) into the utility

[​IMG]

Set the Compression to High so that the file upload (and then download by others) is smaller by: Using the Options --> Use File Compression --> Level 9 (Highest) - this will compress a single 5MB .dds to under 1MB in size for transfer!
    Go File -->Save As and save this with the same name as your main .dds livery: like alt_XX.mas

3. Create team

[​IMG]

Create a new driver/AI

• Like Like x 3
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Thanks @Gijs van Elderen

Didn't know about steps 3 and 4, perfect.

Many thanks for your help :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1