• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Creating a different team in Enduracers Mod?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Andrew Harper, May 1, 2017.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Hi,

Not sure if this is possible but just asking the question.

Is it possible to create separate team data for a team within the Enduracers mod?

In AMS for example you have the VEH files which allows you to create different team data.

I've done a skin for the Lola-HPD but I want to "badge" it differently within the game. It's running a different engine for example.

I saw on an old RF2 forum there was a kind of team button as well as the alternative skin option but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I see there is VEH files within the MAS files on the mod but obviously I don't want to mess with those as they tend to break if you make any changes! ;)

Doesn't matter too much if it isn't possible, just curious to see if it is :)

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,400
    - In AMS it's a .VEH file with a folder with the car dds skins.
    - In rF2 it's a .RCD file with a .mas file from the car dds templates.

.RCD = "Virtual ride" or "Addon AI"... .RCD irefers to an excisting .VEH.

Different but similar. :)

3 steps:
    - Create a directory (folder) for the car
    - Create a .mas (put the created .mas file in that folder)
    - Create a Team

1. Create Dir
    The virtual rides you create are set in the the UserData\player\Settings\ of your game.
    For each mod, there is a folder created that correspond to the component name.
    For the Endurance Series, it's ER_ESrF2/.............
    So your virtual rides will be in this folder for the ES mod: UserData\player\Settings\ER_ESrF2

- Create a folder for your virtual rides ingame.
    [​IMG]

2. Create a .mas File:

You can preview your skin as lose files by selecting your Alt_Body.dds in the tuning menu.
    Once done skinning: create a .mas file from your skin.

- Open the Mas2.exe Utility via the rFactor 2 launcher
    [​IMG]
    - Drag and Drop all your renamed .dds file(s) into the utility

[​IMG]

Set the Compression to High so that the file upload (and then download by others) is smaller by: Using the Options --> Use File Compression --> Level 9 (Highest) - this will compress a single 5MB .dds to under 1MB in size for transfer!
    Go File -->Save As and save this with the same name as your main .dds livery: like alt_XX.mas

3. Create team

[​IMG]

Create a new driver/AI

• Like Like x 3
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,333
    Thanks @Gijs van Elderen

Didn't know about steps 3 and 4, perfect.

Many thanks for your help :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1