Creating a dedicated server.

HI.

Can someone tell me if I create a dedicated server on my pc, is it possible to join that server from the same pc??
Also I assume the DS needs to be a strong machine?? I would be using this for about 5 people.
Can anyone please give me some tips on setting this up.

Thanks.
:D

HI.

Can someone tell me if I create a dedicated server on my pc, is it possible to join that server from the same pc??
Also I assume the DS needs to be a strong machine?? I would be using this for about 5 people.
Can anyone please give me some tips on setting this up.

Thanks.
:D

For practice because of the different grip levels, I race on my own DS on the same system all the time. To allow for others to connect, your internet upload speed and transfer limits will have an effect on how many you can host.

Generally speaking tho, any kind of BB internet should handle 5 people easily. The machine doesn't need to be really good either, my 25 slot Dedi is run from a P4 with 1gb of ram! It will help to have a semi good PC for playing and hosting, the same with everything, more/better is better!

Thank you for the feedback. Another question is do I need more than one Steam account to run a DS from one PC and play from another. I see if you try to login to Steam on two machines it will logout on one of them.
Also when creating a DS on one system, once the DS is up do I just run the game from the exe as normal.?And will this all work in LAN mode?

Thank you for the feedback. Another question is do I need more than one Steam account to run a DS from one PC and play from another. I see if you try to login to Steam on two machines it will logout on one of them.
Also when creating a DS on one system, once the DS is up do I just run the game from the exe as normal.?And will this all work in LAN mode?

To your first question, yes you need two different steam accounts to run a dedicated server in a different PC to that from where you're playing.

To your second question, the answer is also yes, just create the DS, and once it's up run the game as usual.

Don't know the answer to your third question, but I guess you can't make it work in LAN, since Race 07 (or Race On or GTR Evolution) doesn't have a LAN mode (GTR2 had a LAN mode).

Hope this will help you.

Regards.

To your first question, yes you need two different steam accounts to run a dedicated server in a different PC to that from where you're playing.

I run both the game and a dedicated server (on a separate machine), with a single steam account. It will allow you to do this for 'tools', like dedicated servers.

On the machine with the dedicated server, start steam, and then switch it to 'offline mode' ('go offline' in the menu). You can still start and run a dedicated server, and it will still be visible across the lan and internet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back