CRC error

I'm getting a lot of these, it has forced me to revert to backup version now three times.. Is it what i fear, that my HDD is failing? It's quite new drive, under 6 months old Samsung Spinpoint.

S.M.A.R.T is showing some errors but not more than what i've had before with other drives and none critical. I've scanned the drive three times and no errors on deep scans, no surface scan errors etc. Fortunately i had this time uploaded the project file to my online storage, it was only ½h older than what was in the BTB.

I copied over the failed files and the project loaded fine (i moved the venue.bin out from the BTB folder and restored it after the copy, it worked but gave me a scare).. The CRC errors are increasing and i'm a bit worried.

It could be a RAM issue. Try opening the computer and reinserting the modules. There could be a dodgy contact. Another option is a RAM checking utility. When your computer starts up it does a RAM check, but I've heard that it's not very thorough, so a third-party tool would be worth using.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%