1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Crash To Desktop

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by squall0831, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Hey,
    I played F1 2010 today and in the middle of a race it froze for a few seconds and then kicked me back to the desktop with the standard message "f12010.exe is not working blah blah".
    This happened in lap 6 at Monza. Every time I try to finish this race it crashes. Sometimes in lap 6, sometimes in a different random lap but I never got further than lap 6.

This happened to me before at Istanbul and after a few days (and around 100 tries) it did not happen anymore. Now I don't want to try Monza that often just for a bad result (starting as 21st). Did anyone have a similar problem? I already tried it with the .exe from a fresh install and with a fixed .exe but nothing seems to work.

2. sorry to hear about ur problem it might be some of the files within the games have been damaged

3. I followed a thread from the Codemasters forum as i was having loads of CTD's - basically look in "system" folder of the game and edit (using notepad++) the config.xml file (might be hardwareconfig.xml), changing "force dx9=false" to "true" - it did seem to help my problem to some degree, although i still get crashes to desktop, but they are less frequent.