1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash to desktop. So frustrating!!

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Mikec87, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Mikec87

Mikec87
    Premium

Ratings:
    +31
    Clean install and the latest drivers. Get in the game and it will crash to desktop either in the menu, just sitting or a few laps into any race/practice session.

All other games are perfect, like F1C 99-02, GTR2, GTL, rFactor, Grand Prix Legends, NASCAR 2003 all perfect.

This game is so frustrating. Win 7 64x and latest NVIDIA drivers...9600 GT.

I uninstalled, reinstalled clean, changed to DX9 and I thought it was fixed and it CTDT in qual 3 at Melbourne. At a loss. No idea how to get it reliable. It is actually quite good to drive but just crashes, I even get the Blue Screen on occasion......

2. YUSUFH

YUSUFH

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mike

whats your exact system specs?

Have you tried installing the official patch?

Also install the latest sound drivers.

Its a great game but its got a few bugs so make sure all drivers are up to date.

3. Ivan Å trbac Ctc

Ivan Å trbac Ctc

Ratings:
    +0
    same prpblem here m8....

4. Mike85

Mike85

Ratings:
    +97
    I would suggest you to do the following in case you haven’t done it already:

- Make sure your sound acceleration is set to SOFTWARE (in game options menu)
    - Try with Vsync-on/off
    - If you have an overclocked videocard, try to set it to its default clocks or increase your core voltage a bit (18-20 not more)
    - Make sure your DirectX version is up to date
    - Set ''Single display performance mode'' and ''prefer maximum performance'' in Nvidia inspector. (Install it if you don't have it)

Good Luck