Crackling audio problem

Hey
I have been getting that crackling audio problem that I had a few times already and fixed. Happens when I'm near another car (with Fonsecher's sound and maybe all sound) on the track. I remember fixing it by re-defining some sort of audio channel parameter as 512 maybe.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Where is this file I previously found then lost?

Thanks for any help

I remember fixing it by re-defining some sort of audio channel parameter as 512 maybe.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Where is this file I previously found then lost?

That's the max channels setting. The first two Fonsecker mods say the parameter is in a file called audio.ini, which I have in both the main CFG folder and in My Documents. The parameter doesn't appear in either file, so I suppose it would need to be added manually. Perhaps under the "Settings" section?

However, the second two Fonsecker mods say the file is called audio_engine.ini, but that file doesn't exist for AC anywhere on my system. Others (Like Strikeman above) seem to have it though. Most odd.

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks a lot for the pointers guys - will try it out (very bad crackling here, especially when watching a replay from the start with the entire field of cars).
Drop master volume as suggested, after recent FMOD/sound update some AC mixes are just too hot and clipping, esp. with lots of going on like start of the race. I am running 0.6 at the moment.

thanks Andrew, I tried yesterday to lower master volume in the settings and to set audio to 512 instead of 256 in the audio engine file.

It was fine for a few sessions but came back with a vengeance.
I didnt have enough time to investigate further but will experiment in time.

Its too bad really that such bugs are creeping in with the general very high qualiy of AC :-(

As a side note - I have used the Fonsecker Porsche 911 GT3R sounds for the first time for a few Nordscheife races and man I cannot believe why he isnt on a Kunos payroll.
The man is a genius!

These are by far the most beautiful sounding noises I have heard from a simulated 911 yet.
It sounds alive, viscious, angry, sensitive to input, just glorious!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back