Couple of questions re in-car controls in F1SR2012 Mod

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
Hi
I am practicing with this sim with a view to joining a team and entering World Series races (license already paid!).
I was hoping someone would kindly answer a couple of questions about the Mod.
1) Tyre choice appears to be locked once you are in the race (or before). Is it correct that you make your choice for quali and stick with 1 tyre type only?
2) Engine boost map. the numbers available are 1-10. My testing shows that #1 allows 18,000rpm and #10 17,000 rpm. Is it simply a rev limiter with a counter intuitive setting(10-1 vs 1-10) ? What of the "temporary boost button"?
3) Launch control. I see it is mandatory for WC. How is it operated. I tried but did not see any difference. I am using auto clutch if this makes a difference.

Thank you in advance to any kind souls who would help a struggling wannabe!
David

1) You can change the tire compound after Parc Ferme Qualifying/before the race and during the race, but with this years mod there's no real need to use anything except the soft tires in every situation.

2) It's just a reverse scale rev limiter, temp boost has no use.

3) Launch Control is mandatory for all divisions, you map it to one of your steering wheel buttons, go in to neutral, press LC (keep pressing), press throttle, release LC, off you go.

1) You can change the tire compound after Parc Ferme Qualifying/before the race and during the race, but with this years mod there's no real need to use anything except the soft tires in every situation.

2) It's just a reverse scale rev limiter, temp boost has no use.

3) Launch Control is mandatory for all divisions, you map it to one of your steering wheel buttons, go in to neutral, press LC (keep pressing), press throttle, release LC, off you go.

Thanks very much for the help Miko.
Hope to see you on track before too long.

Hi everyone, I follow this league since last year and I would like to make my debuts this season. I've read the regulations, but there are still some questions pending you might find silly but here we go :
a) About the mandatory cockpit view, I guess we are able to adjust the seat, but I'm not quite sure... Some may prefer it to be more realistic and leave it at 0,0 while other would gain an advantage adjusting their seats. Is it ok ?
b) Is tire wear saved for those knocked out in Q1 ?
c) Is it considered like a graphic modification, and thus legal to change the cockpit vibration values in the player.PLR to avoid the bouncing like crazy point of view in the straights ?
d) HUD & acquisition plugins allowed ?
Thanks in advance.

a) About the mandatory cockpit view, I guess we are able to adjust the seat, but I'm not quite sure... Some may prefer it to be more realistic and leave it at 0,0 while other would gain an advantage adjusting their seats. Is it ok ?
Yes adjusting the seat is allowed to however you want it. - Make sure to change the mirror after changing the seat by using "SHIFT" and the up seat and down seat button

b) Is tire wear saved for those knocked out in Q1 ?
No it's reset

c) Is it considered like a graphic modification, and thus legal to change the cockpit vibration values in the player.PLR to avoid the bouncing like crazy point of view in the straights ?
Yes it is legal to change the cockpit vibration

d) HUD & acquisition plugins allowed ?
Yes you may use HUD's.

e) Is it legal to give a slipstream to your teammate in quals ?
I guess so (don't know), but you will probably compromise your own lap in the mean time!

f) I guess it should not be the case in prequalifications.:unsure:
Pre-qualy is set to a "Private Session", meaning you will not see any other car on track

Thanks in advance
Np :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back