Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
gtl-flyer-march.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Car of the Month - TC65 Mustang
Track: Lakeside Download

Practice: 20.00 GMT / 21.00 CET(40 min)
Qualification: 20.40 GMT / 21.40 CET (20 min)
Race: 21.00 GMT / 22.00 CET- 60 laps (approx 1 hour)

Note 1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: As this event is a 1 hour endurance race, 1 pit stop is mandatory. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note 3: A skinpack will be used for this event. All partipants are to download ths pack here whether they are using one of the skins or not.

Was good to get one race under my belt.
Had a good start, suprisingly, and manged to get alongside Warren before we braked for the 1st corner... then it kinda went pear shaped :rotfl:

Davo hit me from behind, hit the wall hard and the drivers side suspension collapsed... Meant i was 2 or 3 laps down before I'd done one LOL...
Knew i was bad, but not THAT bad :rotfl:

Anyways, don't worry about it Davo. It's all in the name of fun. As long as you're at the Hockenheim National one next weekend, it's all good!

Congrats on the lads on the podium.

:aus:

I loved this one, especially since it was basically my home track, not far from where I live. It has been closed for many years and recently opened for some club racing. It brought back some fond memories of laps I have done here in my old faithful Mini. :)

Back to the virtual world now.

Great to see some new faces for this one, including another Aussie. Looked like Glenn and I were in for some really close racing too, but he had some bad luck after the start.
Qualified ok somewhere around P4 I think. Had some really close racing with Stuart for many many laps, we were very similar in lap times all race, but Stu made a little boo boo and went wide letting me through. I managed to hold him at bay for the rest of the race but kept watching our race gap constantly, it hardly changed. :).
Finished P3 and very happy with that, since I didn't make any major mistakes, except for one "moment" when lapping Serg. I almost hit him at high speed down the straight, sorry for giving you such a fright mate.

Grats to Ben, who is rapidly becoming the master of GTL. Sam was a match for Ben but didn't finish, pity. Well done to Knut, you were consistently fast, so I assume you love the Mustang.

Another great GTL fun run, look forward to some more, especially if we could only get all the GTL fans out at the same event. :in-love:

Yup, another great GTL night. :good:

A really good track, think Brands Hatch Indy and you won't be far wrong, drifting the Stang round the turns, sweeps and hills was immense fun.

Quali - took me a few laps to do a clean one, but when I did - P3! There was something like 0.1 between me Warren & Knut so I knew I was up against it. Knut got a great start chasing Sam in pole, and I got a clean one , keeping 3rd for a few laps. Tusto closed up after 4 or 5 laps, and I left enough room for him as he was way faster than me, so why hold him up.

Then Warren mentioned the boo-boo which let him past, and then it was about 15 laps with little or no change in the gap - really good fun. We were so close in laptimes that I could only try and stay with Warren and keep him honest. The gap went up to about 6 sec after about 20 laps like that, until the pit stops where I was suddenly back to within 3 sec, then I had a couple of shockers on the cold tyres and it was almost immediately back up to 6 or 7 sec again, and then it held there until the end of the race.

With about 15 laps to go, I realised that if I was going to get past Warren he'd need to make a big mistake - and he was driving so consistently that wasn't on the cards, so I kind of started looking behind me to a 22 sec gap which I think was Marty / Amir. I started trying to keep them at a consistent gap while not ripping my tyres up, Ben came through to lap me with about 5 laps to go, so I eased home for 4th.

These 'Stangs have really grown on me - I think the Car of the Month concept is working out well. I might try and make the last event of the month a little longer or something so it's a bit of a climax.

Anyway, thanks again all.

Hope to see you in the Minis on Tuesday. :good:

Beautiful track. Take a look here. And yes Warren, I really like this car!

Quali: Went pretty well and was 3rd halfway through. Times were really close. With only a couple of minutes left I went for one last go. When I got back in pits it was 0 sec left of quali and I had beaten Stuart to 2nd place by 0.001 sec:)

Race: got a good start, but I launched a little early I think so I let Sam pass. Chased sam for a couple of laps until he disappeared(what happened?).

I did a terrible mistake while I was about to lap Dave. Again very sorry for that Dave.

Then on I was first until Ben was in my mirrors:) Tried to keep him behind me and had a good time doing so. On one lap he had good momentum down the straight and did a beautiful overtake:good: Impressive

Cruised to a 2nd place with Ben increasing his lead all the time, but constant difference between me and Warren.

Another great night. Thanks to all of you. Hope even more people will show up in the future

Lots of fun

Started well ended up behind Warren and Stuart early but they slowly went away leaving me in a lonely 5th for most of the race. Only went off track once and finished up still in 5th. Wish I had practiced prior then Maybe I could have battled with Staurt and Warren. Still had fun and really liked the track and car combo. See ya guys next time.
Grats to Ben for the well deserved win (though I hate getting lapped)

Thanks again Stuart for the great choice. Marty

Dave, I am sooo sorry for that. It was a moment of great stupidness:(:( First thing I thought afterwards was that you would probably have let me pass down the straight. I definitely learned from this and will consentrate more in the future

No worries, sorry about the abrupt post above. After having screwed Glen early on and then that it was enough to install a quick fit of quit rage :). GTL sux for me, but ill persevere.

Anyways, don't worry about it Davo. It's all in the name of fun. As long as you're at the Hockenheim National one next weekend, it's all good!

Won't be next week, league race every other week. will be week after. new car for that week isnt it?

GTL sux for me, but ill persevere.

Hang in there Dave. GTL does take some time to get used to, these cars vary sooo much, and some are very difficult to keep under control. They come from a different era, no traction control or computer assistance, and more basic tyres and setups.
However, when you do get the feel for GTL, it really hooks you, so much more of a drivers feel and technique than anything else. GTRE becomes more bland after you get dialed into GTL.
Both sims are enjoyable, but very different. You probably need to spend more time with cars like the Cortina, Alfa, Mini, for a while. GTL is like a good aged wine, after you get the full acquired taste, it's hard to go back.

Just keep coming back for more Davo.
I dont care if you hit me every race, as long as you're there. The more on the grid, the better the racing!

Edit - Does anyone have a saved version of the replay or anything from this morning??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back