Premium
gtl-flyer-march.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Car of the Month - TC65 Mustang
Track: Cadwell Park Download
Practice: 20.00 (1 hour)
Qualification: 21.00 (30 mins)
Race: 21.30 36 laps (approx 1 hour)
Note 1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: As this event is a 1 hour endurance race, 1 pit stop is mandatory. Please read Warren's pit stop tutorial here for tips on a smooth and error free pit stop.
Note 3: A skinpack will be used for this event. All partipants are to download ths pack here whether they are using one of the skins or not.

• Matt Crouch

nooooooooooooo, going fine, the immense combo of mustang and cadwell, a few laps in it says I'm disqualified for ignoring a stop & go. Didn't even realise I had one. I'm guessing it's for a false start - I always forget that it says "go" after the number 1 and roll forwards slightly, but never had an SNG for it before :(

edit: also :(
and :(

edit: oh well, seems I was destined not to complete this race. I just had a mini disconnect from the internet as well a few laps later and got dropped from the server

• Matt Crouch

here's what was going on in the middle anyway before I got disconnected, took while spectating... looked close :D

Attachments

• cadwell.jpg
    cadwell.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 200
  • cadwell2.jpg
    cadwell2.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 238
I discoed as well for the first time in GTL history :) Man, i entered unprepared but this car and track are made for eachother, what a great event, especially with the Stu-Art skins installed. Sorry for the chat to get things working.

Count me in for the next one :)

Glad you enjoyed it Bram :good:

They weren't my skins, they were community ones Adny chose and put together. :D

I was having a lovely little on-off battle with Simon & Gaynall for basically 5th, when I managed to have a little off, nothing major and I got stuck on the side of the mountain for 1 minute 25 sec. :weep:

Well done Knut - Felt better than the TVR's, yeah? :D

Next COTM event (14th @ Nurburgring Sprint) is under reference whether it will take place or not, there are a lot of us all out for that (I know of Hans, Andy M, Me, Warren, Croucher who are all definitely out) and I'd rather postpone one than have a boring 5 cars practice session, personally.

Before that, though, we have the Mighty Abarths around Mallala on Thursday.

That is 3 litres of fun in a half litre glass, so don't miss out. :good:

• Andy Marsden

Well what can I say....In the words of Murray Walker "Faaaaaantaaaastic!"

As Bram said above the Mustang and Cadwell are made fo each other, I didn't realise how good this car actually was until this event (thought it was going to be like the Falcon which is horrible!), did not have any problems with it whatsoever! :thumb:

Practice and Qualify went ok, the times were close but I couldn't break into the top 6, started 9th which wasn't too bad.

RACE
Had an ok start, dropped to 10th but made up a few places as people went for a ramble in the English countryside. Kept up with the Bram/Stu/Croucher pack for a while until I went wide on one corner and lost a bit of time. Had Gaynall snapping at my heels for a fair few laps but alas couldn't hold him off (thanks for the great battle mate, far better than our 'tiff' at Warwick Farm last year :)). Same thing happened a few laps later as Marty P came up for a taste of my rear bumper (another great battle). We exchanged places a few times (and several layers of paint!) until he went straight on at the tight right hander after the verged esses, ending his race.
Slowly made my way up the pack as people pitted until I was 4th when I pitted myself on lap 24. Changed my tyres (no fuel as I ran with a brimmed tank), came out 7th and started to stalk Bacon and Mr T. Stuart made a boob somewhere and I found myself in 6th where I satyed until the end.

Grats to Knut for his maiden RD win (only his 3rd GTL race here I believe too!)

Very good race and hell of a lot of fun.

Looking forward to racing with the Gentlemen on Thursday with the motorised Cake Tins! :D

What can I say, my favourite track and what is fast becoming my favourite car.:good:

Made steady progress qualifying and practice into the 1.42's, nothing spectacular but came up 5th.

Race.
Got a good jump on Matt at the start to nick 4th. Had him snapping at my heels for a good few laps. Then the battle with Stuart and Gaynall which was fantastic fun. Managed to nick a place from Stuart in the pits, only to make a right mess of it minutes later. Surprised to see Stuart spinning through countryside of few laps after that so basically stole 5th again. All I had to do is not do anything too stupid and ease home. Did manage my PB at this time, a 1.41.716 which was nice.

Fantastic night, thanks to Andy, Stuart and RD for putting it on. And thanks again to all for another great event.:thumb:

Grats to Knut for his maiden RD win (only his 3rd GTL race here I believe too!)

Very good race and hell of a lot of fun.

Looking forward to racing with the Gentlemen on Thursday with the motorised Cake Tins! :D

Thanks! I think it was my 5th GTL race (2 against AI in addition to Elite and TVR on RD) .

After a spell on thursday with the TVRs I actually set of some time for practice earlier today and boy did it pay off.

Qualy: On my second flyer it all came together and managed a 1:38:3xx. Was VERY satisfied with that time! Resulted in my first ever Pole position:)

Race: Managed to keep in front of Peter for quite some time. Then we made some contact and I went off. He waited:good: for me to pass. Was on 2nd for a little while but got to 1st after he made a little mistake.

Pitstop at lap 18 refuel and 4 tires (I was cooking the front left I think). Came out of pits on 8th but steadily climbed as people pitted. Ben came out of pits right behind me some laps after when I was some seconds behind Peter. He was FAST and I didn't put up much fight.

Then Ben and Peter touched and Peter did some flips! Too bad for both of you:(

Cruised last ~6 laps to finish 1st:) Had a awesome fun tonight! Thanks to all of you:beer:

Whoo Wee that was fun!:thumb: Thanx Andy, Simon & Stuart for the close battles!

Sorry for the bump Andy, had a hard time trying to get by you! Only managed when I think it was Ben who took me, then got inside you and I squeezed by with him.

Started P7(I think), finished P4. Good day at the track!:laugh2:

This was a classic GTL race. Thanx to all & hope to see you on track next time!:clap:

Great evening

Slowly getting the hang of the cars, and thoroughly enjoyed the Mustang around here, despite being stuck in a no mans land for a couple of laps after I came off at the back of the track. Eventually managed to find a way back to the track and was happy to complete the race P8, mainly due to others misfortunes, but as the saying goes "you got to be in it to win it" :highfive:

Hopefully I'll be able to attend more of these events in the future as this was an excellent car/track combo. :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%