CotM Event Times

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy Marsden

• Andy Marsden

Hi guys,

Stuart and I have been discussing various matters over the timings of the Car of the Month (CotM) Saturday events and are unable to come to a concrete decision on when the best time to run these would be.
So.....
We throw the idea to the general GTL population, i.e. you guys.

We want the events to be ideally placed so we don't alienate racers from certain timezones however we also don't want the events to start or end too late and put people off that in that way as well.

We are well the aware that the majority of Club Members who are part of the RD Gentleman Drivers GTL Association (the GTL Clubbers) are from various parts of Europe but we don't want to put off the smaller ratio from the US and Australia (we cannot run without Mr Dawes for example! :D)

I don't want to sound all dramatic and say this could make or break GTL but....it could in a way so your opinions do count.
Therefore if you could explain the reasons for your poll choice (especially if you choose Other) that would be much appreciated and is encouraged.

The ball is in your court now guys (so to speak) so let us know what you think :good:

Regards,

RDGDGTLA Management aka Andy & Stu

• Andrew Evans

personally, i love a good event that starts at 20:00.... but on a weekend... the later the better the sexeh'er... not sure how deep into the evening you'd need to go to include other timezones... 22/23/00? so just voted other for the jollies....

Surprise surprise, I voted for 20.00GMT and 30 mins practice. However, I could make the 19.30GMT at a pinch if that becomes the preferred option for others.
I'm not big on lots of practice but if the 60 min option is agreed, no problem, I'll just join a bit later.

• Andrew Evans

also, since i never got to state it under "other" - i prefere an hour prac... especially since there's always an acclimitization period transferring in from gtre...

• Andy Marsden

Is that 40mins Q or Prac?
I voted for 2000 (30/20) myself though your comprise is comfortable as well Stu-Man :good:

I voted for 19.30 (30 min Pract 20 min Quali.)

But see the rest of the vote's I have no problem with 20.00+30 min P+20 min Q
(my time zone is one hour later)

The race will be about one hour so two hour racing for me is enough .

I am working on Saturday so racing in the morning is not possible

Hans

40/20 is no problem.

That's OK Knut, once we close the poll, we'll take everything into account including the comments in the thread, not just the votes. There are a lot of good ideas/comments so far, and I really want to give GTL a fighting chance, so nothing is wasted. :good:

@ Marty - Superpole's not an option in GTL I'm afraid.

I voted 20:00 GMT - with the short praccy/qual sessions. I have other events that take place on weekends so I can't make every GTL event. However, I think the 20:00 GMT time slot suits more timezones.

Reason for the short praccy sessions? I usually do most of my practice before events. I am not the kind to just turn up and then try and figure it out :D.

OK Gents - I'm going to close this poll now and sort of ignore all the votes now that I'm the solo maniancal dictator of GTL.

I'm going to compromise between the people who want:-
  • an early start, an earlier finish
  • a shorter practice and quali session length
  • a decent practice session length for acclimatisation from other sims
From now on, we will be using a 40 min practice / 20 min quali standard session lengths.

Thanks for voting everyone.

Stu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back