COTA AI

Misc COTA AI 2017-11-26

Login or Register an account to download this content

F_B

Premium
COTA AI - New, faster AI for the Circuit of the Americas

Hi there,
with the new AI improvements by Kunos it is now more fun to race against the AI if you don't have time to race online. So I decided to improve the fastlane and pitlane for the Circuit of the Americas (the mod is out there in the www).

Just copy the fastlane and pitlane to assettocorsa\content\tracks\united states\AI folder. Make sure to overwrite the old files or keep them as backup.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
F_B updated COTA AI with a new update entry:

New track borders, fastlane & hints

I made new track borders, a new fastlane & added AI hints for ACU Circuit of the Americas. It's still not perfect but it should be an improvement over the older version.

A link to the track cannot be posted here. Please use google.

Just unzip and copy the specific track folder to your assettocorsa\content\tracks, it will automatically copy the new ai + hints to the correct folder. Perhaps make sure to keep your old AI files if you don't like the new ones.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Thanks! Could you revisit your Sebring reboot AI? Turn 7 seems to be quite hard for the AI, even on low agression levels.

You mean the hairpin? What happens?

Yeah the hairpin. I've been doing weekends with a mixed field of prototypes and gt3s and especially gt3s tends to end up to the grass on the left right after the hairpin. Since AC have problems returning crashed cars back to pits there's sometimes a big pile of cars on the grass.
Prototypes seems to handle it better. Haven't tried other cars yet.
I've set gt3s to 100% difficulty and 15% agression, if that helps.

Might be that the AI brakehint is a tad too much. You can try to delete the ai_hints in the data folder for some races and see if the issues still occur.

I did a practice session and a 5 laps race without the AI hints file and no crashes in that hairpin, except I ended up to that grass once in the race hehe.

I did a practice session and a 5 laps race without the AI hints file and no crashes in that hairpin, except I ended up to that grass once in the race hehe.

I’ll probably change the AI hint for that hairpin. I made it because for me the AI did brake much too early but I guess that was too optimistic.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%