Corsar H70

The H50 is a great coolder already, mount an extra fan and you have almost the same as the new H70. Mine does his job very well.

I bet this H70 would be awesome too, atleast as good as the H50.

It says they've improved the heat plate so would like to see if it improves temps. I very nearly bought the H50 last Xmas and still considering replacing my NH-U12P SE2, so H70 is on the cards now.

I have a friend who has just installed his H50 and has brought idle temps 20 degrees straight away - without the configuration process that takes a couple of weeks

These temps are very low and I assume without overclocking.

I get temps arround 35C idle during the hot summertime with an 17 920@3.8 GHZ, For me this is really good, I must say my case is a Antec P193 with a self modificated sidefan. During load I hit temps arround 55C 55C.

Interesting video, didn't realise they recommended the fan should pull air in from the rear of the case and blow over the radiator, that would mean on many cases there would be no or little exhausting of hot air, on my HAF932 for example the only exhaust fan left would be the blowhole and that goes against everything I know about case cooling.

exhausting of hot air can/will take place by the main supply fan, of course depending on what power supply you use.
(i use a power supply that takes it cold air outside the computer and exhaust it directly out of its own case, so no hot air into the computer)

Otherwise other fans you place in the computer case will exhaust the hot air.

And why blowing the air in, is while the probably the coolest air comes from outside the computer.

When using this system you need less fans in the computer to get a good cooling.

So there are a lot of possible solutions and it all depends on your computer case, i reckon.

(using a Coolermaster Centurion)

exhausting of hot air can/will take place by the main supply fan, of course depending on what power supply you use.
(i use a power supply that takes it cold air outside the computer and exhaust it directly out of its own case, so no hot air into the computer)

Otherwise other fans you place in the computer case will exhaust the hot air.

And why blowing the air in, is while the probably the coolest air comes from outside the computer.

When using this system you need less fans in the computer to get a good cooling.

So there are a lot of possible solutions and it all depends on your computer case, i reckon.

(using a Coolermaster Centurion)

I don't understand what you're trying to say mate.

Many modern cases have the PSU located at the bottom of the case (as with yours and mine) with a fan sucking air in underneath and exhausting out the back, when they were located at the top of case they also doubled as exhaust fans. If you then have the H50 fan sitting just above or below the PSU and pulling air in it is going to be sucking in the hot air exhausted by the PSU and it will be even hotter when it enters the case after passing over the radiator, really seems like a bizarre recommendation from Corsair, their cooler may perform better in this configuration but I bet you will see a rise in temps on Mobo, RAM, HD and Vid card.

You can have as many fans as you want pulling air into the case but if you don't balance it with exhaust fans the system will be hotter, you need to create a flow of air hence air in front\side and air out back\top.

• Russell Dent

I have recently installed the h50 into my Antec 1200 gamer case and its made a huge Improvement, i ave been able to overclock my quad-core q8200 up to 2.8GHz and my temps are about 45-50 under load, I cant clock any higher, i need to find out wat the best voltage is for my CPU, thanks.

Also i ave the ante 1200 case and i ave the h50 do i need the fan attached to the radiator/pump to be pulling cold in into the case or pushing hot air out of the case please help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back