F1 2011 Corrupt savegame

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

Been playing this game for 2 days now and this bug where after the "press start to begin.." loading the game will crash. The workaround is to delete the savegame so that I can play again.

The problem is that if I delete my savegame I'm going to start all over again in my career which is a game breaker.

Is there another way to fix this bug and revive my old game progress?

Thanks!

From Alex:

"Found this on Codmasters forum and it worked for me.
This fix WORKS and KEEPS your saved data.
Tested be me and another user.
If you can't load the game because it crashes when loading your saved games, then just do this:
Go to your savedgames folder, usually under C:\Users\Your_User\My Documents\My Saved Games\FormulaOne2011\saveddata\ .
Delete the file named GTEHXOSJZ_0.
Then, copy GTEHXOSJZ_1 in the same folder, to a file named GTEHXOSJZ_0.
You'll have again the two files GTEHXOSJZ_0 and GTEHXOSJZ_1.
Just run the game, and loading saveddata should be ok now
smile.gif

If it doesn't work, try reversing the files (deleting 1 and renaming 0 to 1).
The only thing I lost doing this was my keyboard configuration.
Hope it helps"

Thanx so much Alex for your help! My game used to also crash at the start up when checking for storage devices. I did exactly what you said and everything works perfectly again. Didn't lose any driver progress except for custom keyboard controls. I've also turned off autosave just incase that was also a factor causing crashes.
Thanx again!

I'd been thouroughly enjoying the game. Then one day I went to load it, saw the words "F1 2011 executable has stopped working", and a part of me died inside ):

Will try the fix posted above soon, will advise. However, something official would be nice - Come on Codemaster!!

From Alex:

"Found this on Codmasters forum and it worked for me.
If you can't load the game because it crashes when loading your saved games, then just do this:
Go to your savedgames folder, usually under C:\Users\Your_User\My Documents\My Saved Games\FormulaOne2011\saveddata\ .
smile.gif

Hope it helps"

Thanx so much Alex for your help! My game used to also crash at the start up when checking for storage devices. I did exactly what you said and everything works perfectly again. Didn't lose any driver progress except for custom keyboard controls. I've also turned off autosave just incase that was also a factor causing crashes.
Thanx again!

This works. I lost my qualy and race sessions, so I'll have to do those again, but its better than losing everything. Thanks so much!

Ive finished my race 2 in Career and saved it by Saving the Game in My F1 options and after that it ii quitted the game and when i back to game the save was corrupted and i did the things to get the save game back and when i loaded the game it was showing the Race 2 needs to be ****** played again how to get my saved game back and making the save game work properly any suggestions

What can i do? My problem is:

game is always staying at singapore...

I finished singapore, exit, then back to singapore practice. I finished again, then japan, exit.

Now i am again at singapore practice :'( what can i do?

I'm pretty sure all of my crashing comes down to GFWL. It fails almost always after the initial login. I have tried playing with a NoCD patch and that has not helped matters. I've spent literally hours trying to stop this happening to no avail and it is driving me nuts.

Time for my third reinstall.

It makes you wonder about CM's QA department, and what exactly have they been doing? This is not isolated, and a similar situation was apparent in last years game.

A critical thing with career games is the SAVING, because people will stop playing when they are stuck in a loop of doing the same GP over again, or constantly losing some of their career.

So this aspect SHOULD have been tested to death .......

Found this on Codmasters forum and it worked for me.

smile.gif

Hope it helps

This Works... i jus deleted the GTEHXOSJZ_0 file and copied GTEHXOSJZ_1 and renamed it GTEHXOSJZ_0.. it worked.. although i was upto tenth race before the crash it continued from the 8th.. still its a win!! thanks a lot alex8472...u the man!! \m/

I just noticed that in my second career session, when save game bug occurs and I recover from it, I don't lose the last career session like before. Anyone else noticed it? It still sucks but it's not that detrimental anymore. Simply entering the game with keyboard and then reassigning the controller works.

Sorry if this has been posted earlier, but heres a copy and paste from another post i made...

If you get a corrupt save simply go into the save game directory

documents/mygames/formulaone2011/savegame/autosave

and delete the file GTEHXOSJZ_0...Then make a copy of the file GTEHXOSJZ_1 and rename it GTEHXOSJZ_0 then place it back in the autosave folder...

Restart the game and the only thing youve lost after corruption is your wheel custom changes...Your career and everything else is fine...

thnx m8!!!! it work 4 me, finaly...!!!!!!

amazing...u save my day!!!!!:rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back