1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correct posture?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Alex Franchini, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Hello people.
    I have a very, very sketchy setup (don't know if this is the right subforum) and I'd like to get some opinions on how to improve it.
    I have an old, non-FFB Thrustmaster wheel which I found again some months ago and it's still working. It's probably more than 10 yrs old since I got it when I was a kid.

Anyway, my setup is: a modest laptop, a simple desk, a moderately comfortable office chair and the wheel.
    Point is, I can't sit comfortably. After driving for a while I just get a bit tired and my back kinda hurts. Any advice on how I should sit or place my pedals and wheel? Thanks!

PS: This is just a temporary setup, I'm gonna buy a FFB wheel perhaps next year.
  2. Slalom823

RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

If the office chair adjusts up and down I think you should be able to get set up somewhat properly. I would suggest first hooking up the wheel to the table then sitting in the chair and place the chair in a place that you are close to the wheel with plenty of bend in your arms. Adjust forward/back up/down until you are comfortable and have good posture and then from there place the pedals accordingly. Simple, probably what you already did but I thought I would mention it as it could be worth trying.