F1 2013 Cooling your tyres

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey,

Just had a cracker of a race, 100% race at Malaysia. Dry start, wet in the middle then dry at the end (hmmm, that reminds me of something....can't think what). Anyway, I was trying to get my inters to the end by going off the dry line onto the wet to cool them and therefore make them last longer. Does anyone know if this works in this game or did i waste my time :p

bd

Hey,

Just had a cracker of a race, 100% race at Malaysia. Dry start, wet in the middle then dry at the end (hmmm, that reminds me of something....can't think what). Anyway, I was trying to get my inters to the end by going off the dry line onto the wet to cool them and therefore make them last longer. Does anyone know if this works in this game or did i waste my time :p

bd

Yes it works :)

Funnily enough I also had a 100% distance race in career yesterday in Malaysia that started dry (overcast), but then turned to heavy rain, and then went back to dry. I stayed on Inters longer than the AI because I felt there was still too much water off-line, that if I made a mistake on slicks, it would ruin my race.

My inters began to overheat slightly, so I drove over the wet patches when I could afford to, and the tyres cool off slightly.

Had to pit in the end as the track became too dry.

That's great to know Chris, thanks.

Sounds like your Career @ Malaysia was very similar to mine, weather wise. It was a 31% chance of rain so in a very wet Qualy, I favoured a drier setup and I was flying in the dry! Camped in 3rd at first pitstop. They were all over me like a cheap suit in the wet though...

Was on for a 5th place in my Sauber when with fresh options and 9 laps to go, car turned in TOO well and I hit the bollard at 2nd last corner and obliterated my front wing (I have a realistic damage mod). 6th stop and a 7th place finish. Most did 5 stops. Got to use Dry's, Inters and Wets :cool:

Hey,

bd

If you really have a DRY line, you should put on dry tyres and you'll be flying compared to avoiding that dry line on inters. :D

If you really have a DRY line, you should put on dry tyres and you'll be flying compared to avoiding that dry line on inters. :D
There is a period after heavy rain where the track has a dry enough line for slicks, but the margin for error is too small. So if you make a mistake on slicks, then you'll slide off. It's safer to stay on inters and lose a small amount of time, rather than gamble on slicks and potentially ruin your race.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back