Conversion Tips for AMS

I have the entire SRW track pack converted over to AMS and everything seems to be working fine. 45 tracks plus variations for many of them. ;)
i also have alot of tracks from srw, but getting cars to work is a royal pain, also brpecause i am not that good with modding. is there something you know that could help me? or do you know someone that can help? a rough conversion is okay because it is ment for private use.

Of course, I would post it here for everyone but I am sure I would get banned. LOL
Plus my conversions are not 100% up to Reiza standards but they are well organized and probably as good as we are going to get, short of Alex updating them all for us. haha

Dann that seems to have worked! I have the tracks installed and there is no corruption with the cockpit interior as it was with the other ones I tried. I wonder where I ended up getting those from and what was wrong with them? Who knows, but you're a legend for that link thank you. Now that they are downloaded, can i just copy the track folders into a backup directory and have them there in case I need to install again? Or do I need the sync program again?

I would like to have a proper Turbo effect for the DRM Mod, so i look at this http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/cart-extreme-turbo-patch.148097/
and try to find out how it works. But the result is not working. In showroom i can see the increased motorpower value but in game nothing happens.
In the best case, it should feel like the Formula Classic mod at 3.5 bar boost pressure. The vehicles should be more difficult to control.
Is there someone who has already tried that and where it works?

I have implemented the new turbo model, but it is difficult to do well because there is not much information, the new turbo model interferes with the engine and rpm.
the turbo pressure should be between 1.5 to 2 or 2.5

the implementation depends on the type of motor of the cocche and if it takes limiter

Thanks for reply:thumbsup:
So, does it mean it will not work if the mod (like DRM) has no limiter implemented?

Little late to this thread but any tips on using GSCE mods for Automobilista? anything that needs editing or changing?
There's a few in the TSR site - [mod edit: links removed]. The latter caused the game to crash and the former being incomplete. I also love to see the CSGT mod (from rF1) being included as well since nobody has done this other than for GSCE

Speaking the GTPC mod, I'd like to see the cars being offered a soft and intermediate option in addition to the hard and qualifying offered in the mod.

DRM mod - I'd like to see them with a soft, intermediate and hard option, not just the vague sounding "slicks", this is so they can be incorporated easily into the GTPC mod and vice versa without them being faster than the Group C cars. This is as I've have managed to include the Ferrari 512BB/LM (and the other Gr. 5 cars) into the DRM mod but turns out they were seconds off-pace in lap times. When I had a look, all GTPC cars had hard tires and DRM cars has "slicks" or whatever that really is causing all GTPC cars to be off-pace.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, this is my fix for getting the GSCE Peyregrosse rally track to work in AMS. Maybe the fix will work for other problem tracks with similar errors. Merely making the CloudsDefault.MAS and SkyNorth.MAS changes did not work.

The problem I was having was this error: "Error loading mesh file SKYBOXI.GMT to memory".

Here is the original Peyregrosse .scn file:
//-------------------------------------------------------
SearchPath=
SearchPath=PEYREGROSSE
SearchPath=PEYREGROSSE\
SearchPath=PEYREGROSSE\GSC MAS FILES
SearchPath=ReizaCommon\BAK

SearchPath=ReizaCommon
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS
MASFile=Sky.mas
//MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=map.mas
MASFile=pey00.mas
MASFile=commonmapsgsc.MAS

The Peyregrosse folder in the Locations folder has no subfolders. All files are in the Peyregrosse folder.

After examining the map.mas and pey00.mas files with Mas.exe from rFactor Tools, I found that SKYBOXI.GMT and other files were shown to be in a GSC MAS FILES subfolder.

So I made a subfolder under the Peyregrosse track folder called GSC MAS FILES and placed the map.mas and pey00.mas files in the GSC MAS FILES subfolder.

Then I made the following changes to the .scn file:
SearchPath=
SearchPath=PEYREGROSSE
SearchPath=PEYREGROSSE\
SearchPath=PEYREGROSSE\GSC MAS FILES
SearchPath=ReizaCommon\BAK

SearchPath=ReizaCommon
MASFile=CloudsDefault.MAS
MASFile=SkyNorth.MAS
MASFile=Sky.mas
//MASFile=sky.mas
MASFile=map.mas
MASFile=pey00.mas
MASFile=commonmapsgsc.MAS

Maybe there is another simpler way to get the track to work, but this method worked for me. Too bad I suck at driving it.

Hi all,

I'm having issues with the rfactortools program. It works fine when converting tracks, but it never seems to work when I'm trying to convert cars. Getting "ERROR: Conversion failed: couldn't locate 'GameData/' or track directory" every time, no matter what mod I'm testing it with.

Any ideas?

The mod you want to convert is not located in a proper folder structure. Put the ectracted files into a correct structure like "Gamedata/Vehicles/modname" before using rfactortools. Fore sure there is no folder named Gamedata so rfactortools can not work.

Last edited:
Usually you have to edit the alpha layer in the dds files for the cars/skins/drivers. RF1 needed a much brighter (almost white) alpha channel but in AMS you typically need it to be much darker. When I have moved any mods from RF1 to AMS I have had to edit every alpha channel in every single DDS file to help reduce the glare.

This is pretty much the color that (usually) works best for the alpha channel:
N7NNRpu.png
1) @Dann please ,...are you refering to the alfa channels of the skins dds that are in the Team folder or to the dds that are inside of the .mas files?...

and 2) Anyone knows how to add a tree with the images below in a circuit??? (with the 2 files: 1st file: the tree, 2nd. :a texture to simmulate a 3D effect on the tree when it is on the track)

Thanks!!!! and have a nice day lads!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back