1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Controller settings

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Dietmar, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

Hi all,

because of the endurance mod I am willing to give rF its second chance!

There are a couple of things that drive me nuts on this game all leading to the fact: I do not have the game under controll (and I am not speaking about the cars).

That thing that hits me currently: It seems that the settings for my controller (G25) are care dependent, is that correct?

So far, everytime I started the game (usually I tried everytime a different combo) it took my a while to get my controller work, e.g. shifting! I thought I saved my settings, nevertheless, even when I load them, I am in the same situation that my car starts in the 4th gear and I cant downshift. It is some controller settings (and for some reason I can not overwrite them)... :terminator: [I found it before... but why every time again]

2. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Dietmar do you have any other usb controller device connected aswell?

Has happened to me a few times, I have to remap all the necessary buttons, gears etc etc just because I had connected another usb device.

What you could possibly do is once you configure your G25 in rFactor save it with a name like "AAA" or just "A". By default the next time switch rF that controller profile will load automatically since rF loads alphabetically.

Hope this helps.

3. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

Other USB devices, yes, a lot (keyboard, mouse, scanner, webcam etc).

Did a reinstall of everything (related to rF), seems it got better, at least now changing the cars and tracks keeps the settings.

What I find more then irritating is, when I go into the controller settings it says 'A-Z Keyboard' though it is using my Costumized G25 controller. That problem I would overcome, I guess when I name my profile 'A'.

But thanks for the hint Abdul, at least explains it why I see the 'A-Z Keyboard'!

4. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

Nope, this is not behaving deterministic!!!!

I copied the controller.ini that posted here from Ramon to a my users Controller directory to a file called RamonG25.ini. I can select 'RamonG25' in game as a controller and load it.

When I enter the game car starts in 3rd gear and I cannot downshift. Remapping of the down and upshift key does not work either.....

Reinstall I would think.....

5. Dietmar

Dietmar
    Premium Member

Reinstall did not solve it, but... just by accident I found a button being locked that screwed up everyhing, so rF not to be blamed :D

Nevertheless I find the controller settings thing not intuitive :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.