Controller Problem back :( (control sensitivity and deadzone settings do nothing)

It's happening again and I can't fix it. Adjusting the sensitivity and the deadzone sliders don't do anything. Sensitivity makes a big difference for me and I can easily tell me my pedal's sensitivities are not to my liking.

I tried loading a saved controller profile then adjusting the sensitivity/deazone. I tried restarting the game and going straight to adjusting it without loading a controller profile. I tried remapping my controls. I tried going out on track (to maybe sort of "activate" the controls) then escape back to the controls section. I also saved and then loaded the controls with the sensitivity and deadzone sliders all adjusted but even that doesn't work; the controls still behave as if I have no deadzone (I tried 70% deadzone in order to easily notice if it's working). Nothing I tried works; the sensitivity and deadzone sliders don't have any effect at all and the game is currently "baked" to use no deadzone regardless of what I have it set to - same with sensitivity.

My pedals are the Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 plugged directly to PC and themselves work absolutely perfect. They show up as controller 2 in-game. My wheel is the Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 (w/ Porsche 918 RSR rim) and it shows up as controller 1 in-game.

This is the second time this has happened to me.

Last edited:
I did, but sensitivity and deadzone still don't do anything.

Steering and throttle are both assigned to input X. The only difference is that steering is Joy1 and throttle (as-well as brake) is Joy2. Maybe the game is in-capable of applying sensitivity and deadzone settings to anything other than Joy1? I can't see that being the case though because I used seperate pedals for 99% of the time I've ever played SCE and it's never done this except one time a while ago.

I've seen somewhat randomly that controller and user data isn't saved in the rfactor (thats what I had it happen on, not GSC) folder but in the 'my documents' folder somewhere. Something with user account control and/or having installed the game in 'program files'..

No idea if this can happen but perhaps your files are stored not where you think they are?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 213 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%