Control Rates

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Can anyone explain Rates settings in Controls?

Thanks

If I remember from my Simraceway days is that 50% is linear and less than 50% makes it less sensitive in the beginning of travel and over 50% makes it more sensitive at the beginning. A trick I used to use on the throttle was put it under 50% so it was less sensitive early on allowing for more precise part throttle control. Actually many real cars do this and have a progressive throttle.

• Deleted member 197115

If I remember from my Simraceway days is that 50% is linear and less than 50% makes it less sensitive in the beginning of travel and over 50% makes it more sensitive at the beginning. A trick I used to use on the throttle was put it under 50% so it was less sensitive early on allowing for more precise part throttle control. Actually many real cars do this and have a progressive throttle.
Thanks, what about speed sensitivity should it be at 50% (default) or 0%?

I believe you want it to be 0 with a wheel and that is what mine is set to. It is more of a gamepad or old school wheel with limited rotation setting. 0 would mean no change to steering ratio related to speed. Above zero would decrease sensitivity as speed increased.

This is very helpful. What do you usually set your sensitivity too for your throttle? And do you set it the same sensitivity for all sims...or just AMS?

With my current pedals I have enough travel and resolution to not really need to change the sensitivity. But with my old ones I would run between 20 and 30% on the throttle to allow for a bit more precision in the early throttle movement.

Lately the only sim I use is AC which doesn't have a sensitivity setting like the gmotor based sims do.

• Deleted member 197115

With my current pedals I have enough travel and resolution to not really need to change the sensitivity. But with my old ones I would run between 20 and 30% on the throttle to allow for a bit more precision in the early throttle movement.

Lately the only sim I use is AC which doesn't have a sensitivity setting like the gmotor based sims do.
Isn't that gamma settings in AC. What is sensitivity for pedals anyway?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%