Considering switching from G25 to CSR wheel

Hi all. I'm considering switching to a CSR wheel in contrast to the G25 I have now. The reason being is that I have an X360 that I would like to use a high grade wheel with as well as use it for my PC. I noticed on the latest episode of InsideSimRacing that Fanatec are offering a special offer of getting the CSR wheel with pedals €300 which is much better than their usual prices and I hope to eventually get the shifter set at a later date as well. So is it worth switching to the Fanatec CSR wheel from the G25 or is the G25 a higher grade wheel and I'd be going backwards with the CSR? Thanks.

EDIT: I thought I should mention that I also play GT5 so I want a wheel that works well with that as well.

To let you know, I'am getting one for myself as well. I currently own a G25 too. I think quality and performance rivals the G25 or it may even be better. One drawback with CSR is it isn't leather wrapped but it is not stopping me from getting one. I have a 360 and Forza 4 so i need it. I'm keeping my G25 though, i don't want to get rid of it.

Upvote 0
I'd say it's all a matter of preference.
I myself have gone from a G25 to a Fanatec GT2 I can say that I prefer the fanatec over the G25.
Belt drive is a much smoother form of delivery for FFB than the gears that the Logitech wheel uses.

Not to say that the G25 isn't a good wheel. It's well made and I never had problems with it, even after day long sessions on GT5, it never stopped, stuttered or overheated.
All down to preference

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back