F1 2010 Consatina Effect?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
After Google was unable to provide a definitive answer, I just go ahead and ask the forum: what is the consatina effect?

I woke up pretty tired this morning & decided to watch - for the 4th time - the Hungarian GP from this year. Anyway, in reaction to the Schumacher/Barrichello incident, Brundle I think it was, mentioned that the move from Schumacher to almost put Barrichello into the wall resembled a consatine move.

*I'm not even sure on the spelling, but I'm guessing that I have it close enough for you guys to figure out what I'm asking.

Thanks!

When cars break for a tight corner they bunch together. When they exit the corner they hit the throttle at different times and the distance between them increases. Thats the Consatina Effect in a nutshell. Its one of the reasons that overtaking on the exit of a turn is so difficult. The car in front will almost always be on the power first.

Im not sure how the concertina effect relates to the Schumi Rubens incident though.

It doesn't. haha

Schumacher probably thought Barrichello was actually Hakkinen and thought they were at Spa and not Hungary and had nightmares of being undressed by Hakkinen and wanted sweet revenge.

or maybe Schumacher just wanted to kill an old friend.

That's what I was thinking, but he definitely says it.

The only thing I could figure - and this would be loosely applied in such a situation, but perhaps the fact that Rubens was able to accelerate out of the las turn earlier than Schumacher could have & that allowed him the opportunity to pass Schumacher - at which point Schumacher 'threatened' to close the door on Rubens a tad bit... I mean a lot-bit too late.

I have to say that i still think that was one of the most dangerous manoevers i have seen in F1 over the years. That was proper quick race F12010 3 lap sprint sort of stuff!!

If the pit lane exit hadnt finished where it did it most probably would of been an horrendous accident and Schumi would of been 100% responsible in the premeditated block.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%