• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Featured Connect with us on Social Media. Don't Miss Out on the Cool Stuff in 2018.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,421
    RaceDepartment Needs You.jpg
    Want to win loads of cool stuff in 2018? Want more exclusive and innovative content? Well in that case RaceDepartment needs you!

We have some very, very big plans for 2018 and want to bring you in on the journey with us from the very first step. Here at RaceDepartment we are blessed to have an incredibly large community of real and virtual racing fans who love nothing more than tearing up the racetrack, following the latest news, winning incredible prizes and enjoying innovative and entertaining content.

We are so incredibly proud of the growth of RaceDepartment over these last few years. We have built the site from a handful of dedicated sim racers back in 2006 to over 450,000 unique visitors each month. Yup, almost half a million of unique visitors to our little piece of the internet... EACH MONTH!

Now crowds the size of this deserve more quality content, bigger and more regular prizes, innovation rarely seen in sim racing, and that is exactly what we intend to do in the coming year.

2018 will see a big push on our social media and video streaming content. We will have dedicated sim racing shows, regular prize giveaways, discussion and interaction features and exclusive content and features, and that's just the stuff we can talk about at this stage....

We want your likes and channel subscriptions to help us push to the next level. If you like what we do, if you want us to be even bigger and better in future, if you want access to exclusive content and loads of giveaway prizes, then help us out and click the links below and subscribe to our channels for free.
    We have big and exciting plans for the coming years ahead and want you in on the action early. If receiving cool stuff for free, watching content that doesn't appear anywhere else, engaging in lively debate with the key players of the industry is your thing, then get yourself over to the links above and subscribe today, it's free! Bigger numbers equal a happier time for us at RaceDepartment and helps us take satisfaction in the work we do around here with our team.

Take out a moment of your day and visit the links above to subscribe to our channels. If you value what we do here, or just want to make us feel happy, subscribe and help us make the coming year one to remember.

• Like x 15
    • Beer x 3
    • Love x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,099
    Well I'll do YouTube, but I don't do social media. :thumbsup:

• Agree x 10
    • Beer x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 2
    • Haha x 2
  3. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium

Ratings:
    +510
    Too many white lines on social media?

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Mike Davies

Mike Davies
    Racers In Pyjamas Premium

Ratings:
    +420
    what if neither apply?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,421
    Thanks Andy! We are going to be making a very big effort with our video and social media in 2018, so expect great things :)

Me neither! I'm free of a FB or Twitter account, and I've not had a mobile phone since 2005! #skynetaintgonnagetme

• Love Love x 6
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,421
    Then just do it to make me feel happy :D

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,426
    More streams?... Yes, Sir! :p:p

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,845
    fully subscribed and ready to roll

• Love Love x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,421
    To help encourage the sign ups, I will donate a used, ripped and smelly racing glove (just one, not the pair) to our 1,000,000 YouTube subscriber. Go on, you know you want it.

• Haha Haha x 12
  10. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    Congratulations on the success Paul and the RD team. I only discovered and joined recently but have high regards for the community here as their is a real respect for each other and good information.
    You Tube and Twitch check and check.

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +12,421
    Thank you man!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carlitox

Carlitox
    Premium

Ratings:
    +93
    I remember when I first came across the website I was just poking around for mods everywhere and this was just one of many websites (*takes a solemn moment to remember Racesimulations*). Created an user and downloaded stuff and that was that.

Then some time ago, when I got AC, I noticed this place had the most mods and stuff. It felt familiar, so I try my e-mail at the password reset thing. And turns out I was here before! Looked around and everything seemed so interesting that I signed up for premium, because absolutely none of my friends are into simracing and I wanted to try my hand online.

Racing with you guys, was a HUGE reality check.

But I enjoyed it. And I know the fear of breaking the Golden Rule added a couple of seconds to my times at first. If you watch South American motorsports, rubbin's racing is the motto almost everywhere, so offline I'm a little rough. But I was educated to follow the rules of the house, and so I've been doing.

Anyway, cheers to everybody. After I finish my exams I'll be able to race in my ultra realistic bedroom cockpit (it's a regular desk, but the room is so damn hot. Bloody summer :D)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  13. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    The real Canadian Prime Minister Premium

Ratings:
    +1,590
    upload_2017-11-30_23-1-40.png

• Haha Haha x 8
  14. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +300
    Having enjoyed your Live Streams recently @Paul Jeffrey I can't help but read you posts in that delightful accent of yours, only worrying thing is the picture in my mind is of your...how shall I say..."choice" of shirts :D

• Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  15. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    Congrats guys for that (almost) half a million visitors! I’m suscribed to YouTube and would put a sticker in my rig if you had one for my friends to see them when they come around. That’s my social media...:p

• Love Love x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  16. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,836
    Been nice to see how this wonderful community has grown and your great articles and Joseph's broadcasts have been a huge factor in that. More power to your elbow. Looking forward to RD's further growth in the future.:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,845
    Now come on don't mess with a northerners shirts, that's a step to far.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
    ive got your back Paul ive called in the cavalry... :)
    20171201_120334.jpg

Christmas competition, have you got a shirt that will beat Paul's :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: i know i dont :whistling::whistling:

But cant say how much ive enjoyed the new style of chat and tell with the devs :notworthy::notworthy:

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  18. Allan Ramsbottom

Allan Ramsbottom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +814
    Would be nice if Rd started to implement more Mods and stuff to its calendar of races for 2018 seeing as its the place to come for them..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Glen vw

Glen vw

Ratings:
    +5
    +1

RD has become my go to place when it comes to AC and other sims. Looking forward to 2018 with you.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. PROPHET52

PROPHET52

Ratings:
    +0
    there are mod of this skin on PC or AC?