Connect Fanatec CSP v3 directly to CSW v2.5 - or USB to PC

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
I upgraded my kit to a Fanatec ClubSport Wheelbase v2.5, ClubSport Pedals v3 and ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Black and and am waiting for delivery. In the meantime I am reading the manuals and for the pedals and it states that you may use the RJ12 to connect the pedals to the wheelbase, or use the USB to connect directly to the PC. The RJ12 connection is required for consoles while the PC allows for either, just not both. I have not found anything that states one is preferred over the other. Did I miss something in the manual? Do you have these, or similar, and have you experienced a preference of one over the other?
Thanks

I plug it straight into the base, both run the same resolution and means you can change brake settings on the wheel rather than needing to open the driver. Also means only one USB cable to the PC needed.

See below for response from Fanatec regarding OP, although no mention of FI's point of brake adjustment using the rim I am taking his advice and connecting via RJ12 once I officially receive my Christmas gift.

Thanks to all for responding to my question.

upload_2017-11-28_8-35-37.png

Upvote 0
The Brake Force and ABS can still be changed using the driver just not on the wheel because it's not connected, it's more of a set and forget it kind of thing which is probably why he didn't mention it.

It can be useful for something like Forza though which needs less brake force before the tyres lock up than most other games and you can tune the brake force to need as much as you are used to.

https://www.fanatec.com/download/CSW-V2.5_Manual.pdf

Checkout the manual on ABS and BrF for more details.

Upvote 0
I read on some reviews that you need to plug the pedals in via USB to get the vibration feedback from games. Is this still correct, or has there been an update?

Upvote 0
In regards to the pedals they get their power through one of the two connection, RJ12 or USB. However for the main power I do turn it off if it is going to sit for more than an hour.

Upvote 0
Hi, I just got a V2.5 base, and I already had V3 Inverted pedals. In the V2.5 Base Manual, regarding the PC Driver, it says:

"The three indicators ‘Clutch’, ‘Brake’ and ‘Throttle’ show the
current activation and position of these single pedals by a
blue bar moving up and down. Therefore the pedals must be
connected to the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5.
Note: Every pedal lever must be pressed down completely to
auto-calibrate the lever movement distance each time when
power resumes."

Does that mean that if I connect the pedals to the wheelbase, I have to press each pedal all the way down every time I power on the wheel?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%