Confused by grip levels

I've been playing RF2 mostly offline by myself, and just making myself get used to the general slippery feelings that most of the cars give me. It's fun catching slides and dance with the throttle anyways. But recently I start to watch Youtube videos of other people's RF2 onboard laps. I keep feeling that their cars have significantly more traction than mine. For example in the Nissan 370z, when I'm driving down a straight, even slight movement of the steering wheel will make the car slide and tire squeal. I find this video:

No matter what I do, as long as I'm going full throttle up hill through Turn 2 and Turn 3, I will hear constant tire squeal. But in this video there is no drama at all. Is that a problem? Is it my setup, my grid level settings, temperature settings, or is it just my driving? I feel really confused.

BTW I'm running everything on default.

Not all tracks have this but..
1.in session settings you have Practice, quali , and race at the top ,you have to set the grip level for each session
2.Estoril for example ( stock content ) you have Ligth, heavy , saturated ( the highest grip level )
3. move down in Real road setting ( it will probably be on Naturally Progressing ) try then Heavy or Saturated, you have to set that for each session, now it should be better.
4.Move down in Real road time scale you can move that up very high ( higher numbers will give you rubber on the track faster )

• Deleted member 130869

Check your steering rotation so it is matching ingame as it sounds you're having too much input instead of green realroad.

It would help if you post a video of your driving, but it does sound like there is no rubber on the track and your tyres are cold, also maybe set with too high pressure. So try what Stig Bidstrup said.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back