Concept Car Competition: Budget Vehicle!

Concept Car Competition: Reasonably Priced Vehicle!

So to keep things simple and easy, why don't we make a budget vehicle? It won't have to be immensely detailed and could be really easy. We could get say.......two months to get a model finished?

Criteria:

Max power:

Petrol: 150HP (Min HP 80)
Diesel: 120HP (Min HP 70)

Fuel Type - Any

Max weight - 1300kg (Minimum weight 900kg)

Engine type - 4cyliders or less (Rotaries, Hybrids or Electric cars are allowed, however there needs to be some sort of realism factor. You can't have a 5-seat electric car that costs $10000 USD and only weighs 1000kg.)

Price Cap - $16000 USD (It shouldn't be too sophsiticated)

Drive line - 2WD. FWD or RWD. No AWD cars allowed.

Occupants: Must seat at least four, but can at maximum have eight.

Length: At least 3.8m, no longer than 4.6m.

Bodystyle: Any. However, it needs to seat at least four and fit in the length requirements.

Engine Location: Yet again, any. However it needs to be realistic.

Additional rules:

The car must have at least one other wheel style choice, one other color choice and one other random choice of your choosing. This could be a spoiler or anything, interior colors, or even another body style.

- The Car must be legal. It needs plates, lights, and others. The more the merrier. (Indicators, maybe?)

Ok, let's get crackin'! :biggrin:

DEADLINE:

MAY 15th, 2010

Its fine by me really, because I've had some family issues to deal with recently, and work has been... well working me. making it hard for me to work on my car, though I did at least get something done today. (yay!) lol

Euuhhmm.. I don't really think I'm going to make it. :(
It's not like I was busy but with the temperatures rising this high, I'll rather spend my free time drinking beer outside.

More seriously, I just haven't had the inspiration to model this... Haven't gotten any neat ideas on what to do with the car. :/

Mine might have to be released without its inteiror, as work has had me swamped lately (today will be my 8th day in a row working, and they said its part time, hah). But if I release it this upcoming week, it might be closer to Thursday or so.

You still have until around the 1st (before or after, Just as long as it is in June sometime)
mine is literally 99% done, but I have to release it tomorrow so I can finish that other 1% that isn't done (but it still won't be a complete car as I didn't have enough free time to model the interior I wanted, but I shall release an update eventually with its inteiror)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%